Honored Contributor

It Has Begun — Mirrored Programming

[ Edited ]

I knew it wouldn't take too long.  

Today QVC2 and QVC3 are both showing the exact same pre-recorded show, “QVC in the Garden,” at the same time (8:00am to 10:00am EST). 

I’m hesitant to watch pre-recorded TV shopping shows.  With three QVC channels, right now only one is live.  It happens to be NutriSystem on the main channel.  I’ve already seen that garden show live, so that means Bye QVC.  More channels, more variety?? Not working out.

Honored Contributor

Re: It Has Begun — Mirrored Programming

@Caaareful Shopper 

Do companies show “mirrored programming” when they are getting ready to drop a channel, or do you know?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

I didn't even know there was a QVC3.  I only get the original live QVC.  That's all I need.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

HSN has a second channel as well. So, I suppose there is a benefit in having more than one channel.

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I knew it wouldn't take too long.  

Today QVC2 and QVC3 are both showing the exact same pre-recorded show, “QVC in the Garden,” at the same time (8:00am to 10:00am EST). 

I’m hesitant to watch pre-recorded TV shopping shows.  With three QVC channels, right now only one is live.  It happens to be NutriSystem on the main channel.  I’ve already seen that garden show live, so that means Bye QVC.  More channels, more variety?? Not working out.

Who the heck knows what QVC is thinking. None of their decisions make sense these days.🙄

Contributor

Greed has entered the arena.  Why do we need three channels of QVC.  Especially when two of them are the same products.  I said it before, I will say it again, the bigger QVC gets the more mistakes being made with Customer Service, repetitive programming and it is not what it used to be.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper 

Do companies show “mirrored programming” when they are getting ready to drop a channel, or do you know?

That’s interesting @LTT1, perhaps they are.  But QVC is making a big splash about their three channels for different opportunities to show different things.  QVC2 turns to live programming from noon to midnight during the weekdays.  Perhaps they don’t care if duplicate taped programming appears in the morning hours once in a while. 

Honored Contributor

Q2 and main channel have shown the same things at the same times but different hosts.  Q2 was recorded and obviously the main channel was live but I've seen both showing the TSV, Philosophy, Dooney, Josie Maran, etc.  Made no sense to me at all.

HSN2 is weird.  I don't watch it because it's not in HD for me and it's terrible quality but they don't really show complete shows. They just jump from one presentation to another of various products.  You could be watching Callie present a computer and then 10 minutes later Marlo is presenting a printer then 10 minutes later Shannon is presenting a camera.  LOL  

Valued Contributor

what’s the big deal!!! Just don’t watch. I’m sure there are other channels on your tv.  People complain about the most ridiculous stuff anymore.  

Respected Contributor

I agree with you. If I've already seen the show, I'm not going to watch a "re-run" of it.