Valued Contributor

Is a check no longer accepted as form of payment?

It seems when checking out that it's no longer an option.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Is a check no longer accepted as form of payment?

I think that was a temporary glitch...I noticed that on an order I placed a few days ago. Since then, it is showing again as a payment option.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @LuvSoCal !!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

It surprises me that checks are still accepted since there is no way to ensure there is money available in  accounts- plus all anyone needs is a checking account and bank number to use online so checks are not really secure!!  I do know many places who do not accept checks any more.  Don't understand why anyone would still want to bother to use checks as too time consuming.  It also takes much longer to process checks used to pay bills.

Trusted Contributor

My water company here in a town in western New York only takes checks! I will not go all the way down there and try to find a parking space and charge a water bill !!! They will not allow us to have auto-pay from my bank like the gas, electric and cable do. It's very odd !! That's the only company like that. 🙄
Valued Contributor

You know your debit card is the same as using a check - right?  Use the card to pay & write amount in checkbook as if it were a check. No wasting time to process & no paper waste. 

Trusted Contributor

I forgot to finish my thought! Sooo... I write out a check for the water bill every 3 months then mail it. I don't use a debit card.
Trusted Contributor

In all the years I have shopped at QxH, I had no idea either one ever accepted a check...hmmm, you learn something every day. 

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

It surprises me that checks are still accepted since there is no way to ensure there is money available in  accounts- plus all anyone needs is a checking account and bank number to use online so checks are not really secure!!  I do know many places who do not accept checks any more.  Don't understand why anyone would still want to bother to use checks as too time consuming.  It also takes much longer to process checks used to pay bills.

I pay my utilities with and echeck it goes in to my bank immediately...