Trusted Contributor

Re: Is QVC becoming the new Food/Cooking Network???

[ Edited ]

I still cast my vote for QVC to convert one of the three channels to a house and garden channel. I rarely watch any fashion or beauty related shows just as many tune out when the cooking/home shows are on.

That said, everyone has different needs and interests so I understand the need for QVC to cover all the bases. The sky’s the limit on entertainment programming choices these days, so when a fashion show comes on, it’s a good time for me to catch up on Game of Thrones. 😄

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Rather than finding innovative ways to revive jewelry and other categories that are slipping, Q reduces the inventory and the number of shows. Something sells well and then it’s showm so often I could do the sales pitch from memory. Variety is diminishing with this approach and so is my interest. I also find their selling food from the couch format to be awkward and clumsy. People munching nonstop while slumped on a couch....heck, that isn’t novel, it happens in my family room everyday....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I still cast my vote for QVC to convert one of the three channels to a house and garden channel. I rarely watch any fashion or beauty related shows just as many tune out when the cooking/home shows are on.

That said, everyone has different needs and interests so I understand the need for QVC to cover all the bases. The sky’s the limit on entertainment programming choices these days, so when a fashion show comes on, it’s a good time for me to catch up on Game of Thrones. 😄

Well said! I've been hoping for a home and cooking QVC channel. The clothes don't fit me nor usually interest me. I don't wear jewelry or make-up. I love to cook, decorate my home and watch shows offering new products in those areas. I think they may be moving in that direction, But there is still the mindset that there might be crossover shoppers. When I was little and visiting the Hess department store in Allentown, PA, my dad pointed out that the escalators were on opposite sides of the store. He said that was done on purpose to make sure shoppers saw things they normally would not see.

Super Contributor

I have watched many cook shows on the Q, and remembered that the food was donated to shelters in and around that area. The problem I fine that if you don't  like them don't watch. You would be complaining if no one tasted the food at all. David is a tall man and he along is the one to determine what he likes to eat. He taste a lot but I can tell the foods he has no taste for, The cooking shows are for people who like the items presented. This is only a matter of choice. I am not a gardener but i like flowers. -There is something for everyone just make a choice. The host bashing has gone to far.

Occasional Contributor

Amen.

Honored Contributor

Like some of the others, I'd rather watch actual food preparation than someone trying to sell premade caramel apples, cookies. pastries, or steak filets.  In the former case, I might actually learn something.

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyann45 wrote:

I have watched many cook shows on the Q, and remembered that the food was donated to shelters in and around that area. The problem I fine that if you don't  like them don't watch. You would be complaining if no one tasted the food at all. David is a tall man and he along is the one to determine what he likes to eat. He taste a lot but I can tell the foods he has no taste for, The cooking shows are for people who like the items presented. This is only a matter of choice. I am not a gardener but i like flowers. -There is something for everyone just make a choice. The host bashing has gone to far.

------------------

But my point is....there are too many of the same cook/food shows presented.  Too often and no variety on items presented!!  And I would never complain if the hosts didn't try the food.

I agree, it is my choice not to watch. But I might watch more often if there were fewer of that type of show....

Honored Contributor

Is this a joke?  They don't "cook" on the cooking shows at QVC so it certainly isn't like the "Food Network."   Now we seldom even get a cooking tip or helpful information to solve certain issues or to make cooking easier, etc.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

If you dont like it why are you watching and posting?  There are many other channels on your TV.  Yes its your opinion and you certainly are entitiled to it.  Isnt it nice we have a variety and the remote for our TV?

------------------

Of course I change the channel!! Please don't use the worn-out "change the channel" admonishment!! 

And I don't watch...that is the point!!  This is a 'for profit-commerce channel' that relies mainly on TV show presentations to sell their products.   If I don't watch, I don't buy!!  

@corita 

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

I totally agree with you.  I just don't get the "the channel changing gang" philosophy of not wanting any criticism and feedback...instead they apparently want people to turn the channel so QVC can decline and fail...?????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ladyann45 wrote:

@ladyann45 

If the food is freshly cooked I heard David say the crew eats it.  Most homeless shelters and food banks only accept new and pre-packaged food, and for good reason – perishable food can be difficult to regulate and thereby to guarantee they’re safe. Just think what would happen if everyone at your local shelter got sick..........

QVC is a business whose existence is to sell merchandise....If something is frustrating or annoying that makes viewers to watch/buy less, feedback and constructive criticism is allowed provided its not "unkind"...saying there's too many food shows is not host bashing...and is it a problem because someone expressed concern about wasted food   QVC's financials aren't that good so they can use all the help they can get......

Frankly Im tired of people bashing other viewers who post suggestions......Fans can lavish praise and gush about their fav host hosts on the hosts Facebook Pages....Also Hosts dont read these Forums, the Forums are for customers

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”