Respected Contributor

I don't mind the hosts chatting when appropriate but the constant interrupting the vendors is so annoying.  Many times I'm on the fence and am trying to listen to details from vendor about an item.  I can't get that info because host{s} constantly interrupt with  "have to stop you as we only have 5,000 left,"  then a few seconds later it's  "Gotta give an update--4500 left"...and so on and so on.

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@alarmclock wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

The host's receive constant updates and instructions from the producer in their earpieces. So he/she would be the "idiot" that you are referencing.

Hosts have had producers in their ears since Day One.

The rude interruptions have recently become commonplace.

That means they have unskilled hosts that cannot truly do the job they are being paid to do.

QVC needs to clean house or re-train immediately.

@alarmclock  Yes, the producers have been in their ear from day one, but why are you so sure all the fault is on the hosts? I do not agree with that.

All of the hosts, all of them, are touting each increment of sales in every presentation.  It is annoying to me as well.  But since all of the hosts to do it, I firmly believe it's the producers being pushed from upper management to tell all the hosts to do this constantly.  

Yes, the producers have been around forever, but that doesn't mean they are the same producers since 1986.  Have you seen some of them?  They look barely out of their 20's.  It's not often, but sometimes the producers are right there on the floor in the studio.  I saw just last week when David got the camerperson to show the producer.  He looked all of 22 years old.  

New or old producer isn't even the point.  Rules change and apparently the internal rules for the producers have changed so that the host are told to constantly interrupt presentations ad nauseam for the latest countdown.

I've seen everyone from Mary Beth to Katie McGee do this now.  

Today in the Hairdo Show, the host, who I like very much, interrupted the vendor so much with sales counts that it was nearly impossible to follow what the vendor even wanted to say about the wigs.  It was awful. 

How about a meeting or two to get it worked out?

Contributor

She is terrible!!!! 

I don't understand why she is a host. She loves herself too much.

I cannot watch her.

Honored Contributor

@misschristy  Ali Carr is on a lot.  Evening on West Coast and she is on many of David's shows.  (ITKWD and David's FriYAY Show)

Honored Contributor

On David's kitchen shows the constant repeating of how many left of (for example) the 28 different colors in Temptations is time-consuming and so boring.   Plus then they have to have someone come in to haul away the color(s) sold out.  Waste of time and so boring.  I feel sorry for those that have to carry off the KA stand mixers.  They are heavy.  Can't he just have signs "sold out" or when he comes to the "guava color", just say "sold out" and move on.  Would be nice to use that time to bring us something new.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

On David's kitchen shows the constant repeating of how many left of (for example) the 28 different colors in Temptations is time-consuming and so boring.   Plus then they have to have someone come in to haul away the color(s) sold out.  Waste of time and so boring.  I feel sorry for those that have to carry off the KA stand mixers.  They are heavy.  Can't he just have signs "sold out" or when he comes to the "guava color", just say "sold out" and move on.  Would be nice to use that time to bring us something new.

@Daysdee.  David does all that because it uses up time for him. He just babbles a million colors, then points to the sold out ones and marches them to the one who has to grab it and cart it off stage. And does it throughout the whole show.

Regular Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ It quickly has become a tiresome schtick, hasn't it?!

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree. I can't tell you how many times I wait and wanted to hear the guest describing a particular point about the product, then WHAM, the host interrupts, and overtalks the guest and what I wanted to hear was totally lost.