Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Love it when someone joins the forums to complain about one thing, although they've been watching FOREVER.

Its kinda like people not really adding to the conversation topic , but merely chiming in to make snarky comments about the thread originator.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@7Lady7Luck7 

The selling recently is almost frenzied / desperate.  Almost as if the host will be subject to physical punishment if they don't sell enough items.

Some are worse than others ... but it seems to have infected them all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Interruptions

[ Edited ]

These interruptions for quantity updates and colors is getting ridiculous!!! And based on QVC's latest financial results the same ole ideas that producers and hosts may have used in the past dont seem to be working well these days.....If products require all kinds of gimmicks to make a sale maybe something is wrong with the product lineup...perhaps the same limited products have reached their sales saturation point with QVC's viewing audience......!!  Its a new retail world out there ...TIME TO MAKE CHANGES QVC!.. And I dont mean "window dressing" that you keep trying...like the new Kim Gravel NOW Show....THE PRODUCTS need an update, instead of producer gimmicks and clever show concepts !!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I couldn't agree more.  I only tune in occasionally to shows am interested in and it's always like that. For example, was watching the Beekman boys yesterday & those guys could hardly get a word in.  When one of them would try to talk about items in the TSV Rachel would constantly interrupt to give the running count update. So annoying.  

@KKJ   Rachel interrupts all the time and not only to give the count update.  She always repeats what the vendor says like it is her idea and what the vendor said wasn't important. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t mind it when someone (anyone) comments a first time or thousands of times.

I think more people would comment more often; but they don’t want their comments to get “pulled apart”; or they don’t want to constantly have to TRY to explain their post.

I find it interesting to read ALL comments.  Only by listening and reading all ( especially opposing) comments can we grow and get a better understanding of our fellow humans.

Unfortunately, it seems the quiet thinkers are being pushed aside.

Often, it is the quiet thinkers who have the most intelligent things to say.

I’ve always been outspoken.  However, I was taught to value everyone’s opinion.  More than one time I’ve jumped into a conversation to say, “ Wait a minute!  Let the girl talk!  Please”.

Honored Contributor

This is an old complaint which crops up every so often but it is a very valid one.  I agree about the rudeness and interrupting, the tiresome repetitive selling points which are turn offs for me.  I  only watch presentations which interest me and shop on line Q much more.  If during the presentation it becomes annoying because of a host being rude, I don't watch any further and then look at the items on line.  If something sells out so be it.  

I think most if not all those who watch the Q are aware of these issues.  I have so many books to read and many other shows on my DVR to watch.  I am not a friend of any one on the Q nor do they ever dictate what I will buy no matter what they say.  I make the decisions based on what I like and an afford.  It works for me.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I couldn't agree more.  I only tune in occasionally to shows am interested in and it's always like that. For example, was watching the Beekman boys yesterday & those guys could hardly get a word in.  When one of them would try to talk about items in the TSV Rachel would constantly interrupt to give the running count update. So annoying.  

@KKJ   Rachel interrupts all the time and not only to give the count update.  She always repeats what the vendor says like it is her idea and what the vendor said wasn't important. 

Yeah, am sure all hosts do it to some extent but Rachel was expecially bad during that show.  The next Beekman show was hosted by Pat and don't think she was as bad about it.

Trusted Contributor
I agree with the OP. The new hosts are extra terrible, but some of the old hosts are becoming chatterboxes now. I’m not just referring to updates. I’m talking about never stopping the inane frenetic chitchat. I love the new host Ali Carr yet I never see her. She has a perfect manner and is a pleasure to watch. Why is Courtney Khondabi on constantly? She’s becoming another interrupter. The hosts are chatting way to much. Many of them are talking about themselves too much. I turned off last nights TSV at midnight. It seemed like even Lisa Rinna couldn't get a word in edgewise and that’s saying something. If you don’t like the OP’s comment then don’t interject on the thread. Telling someone to turn the TV off is not a solution and makes no sense.
Regular Contributor

Re: Interruptions

[ Edited ]

Speaking of Courtney Khondabi when she said "adorbs" describing an Earth Shoe I turned off the television. 

Honored Contributor

The goal of management is to create a “buzz” and frenzy about the items being sold. They want viewers to think that every product is the best thing since sliced bread. If you don’t buy it immediately it will be gone forever, and you will regret it eternally. Lol.

It wasn’t always this way, and the sales tactics seem to be getting more “in your face” than ever. This hype doesn’t work for me, and is actually a big turnoff.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~