Valued Contributor

Re: In the kitchen w diet…

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11wrote:

"There is hope for his keeping his job @sugar plum . Back when David started at QVC he hosted general merchandise. Bob Bowersox was the food expert.

David was friendly and did a great job. He could also still sell cookware and gadgets. Basically, sell a lot of what Rick Domeier sells?"

True, I used to enjoy watching David back then, however he has changed a lot over the years. Somewhere along the way he lost his sense of humor. I think he's just become bored with it all and it shows.

All David does now when selling other products is to repeat colors and constantly asking the producers the number sold during this show alone.

Rick on the other hand describes the product thoroughly and interacts well with the vendor. I find Rick to be a much better salesman than David.

JMO.

Trusted Contributor

David needs to hang up his apron and move on.  

Trusted Contributor

I could be wrong but I don't think David is in jeopardy of losing his job. He can still sell kitchen appliances and gadgets and he has his home shows, too.  I think he is experienced enough at what he does to sell just about anything. Now that he is no longer a foodie due to dietary constraints he needs to bow out of the food shows.

@Trinity11 I've seen your posts where you have stated that you are diabetic and have been for most of your adult life. I know you're not looking for sympathy but I feel so bad that you, like millions of others, have had to be so disciplined with your eating habits. I have always been able to enjoy eating whatever I want since I never gained an ounce. My mom had a heart attack when I was 40 and because of her diligence after that to watch her diet she convinced me to eat healthier. So, for the last 30 yrs I have tried to follow her advice. I love food so it's not always easy. Oh, that part about not gaining weight? That changed about 10 yrs ago when I turned 60. I now have to be concious of what I put in my mouth. I rarely eat sweets even though I love them and fried foods are, also, a very rare treat.

Regular Contributor

@Christina C24 wrote:
I mean David. A lesson on grams of sugar/sodium
per serving in these cans of food they’re draining and rinsing.

This is one of the most FUNNIEST post I have EVER seen on these forums, EVER!  BRAVO!!!  Smiley LOL

Regular Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

I could be wrong but I don't think David is in jeopardy of losing his job. He can still sell kitchen appliances and gadgets and he has his home shows, too.  I think he is experienced enough at what he does to sell just about anything. Now that he is no longer a foodie due to dietary constraints he needs to bow out of the food shows.

If you don't think he's still a "foodie", you better think again!  Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal wrote:

@Trinity11 I've seen your posts where you have stated that you are diabetic and have been for most of your adult life. I know you're not looking for sympathy but I feel so bad that you, like millions of others, have had to be so disciplined with your eating habits. I have always been able to enjoy eating whatever I want since I never gained an ounce. My mom had a heart attack when I was 40 and because of her diligence after that to watch her diet she convinced me to eat healthier. So, for the last 30 yrs I have tried to follow her advice. I love food so it's not always easy. Oh, that part about not gaining weight? That changed about 10 yrs ago when I turned 60. I now have to be concious of what I put in my mouth. I rarely eat sweets even though I love them and fried foods are, also, a very rare treat.

Thank you @LuvSoCal . I really appreciate your sentiments. Yes, since I was 17, I have had Type 1 diabetes. Like yourself, I am one of many that have to be careful with food. 💐💕But I love to eat!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 

Your post reminded me of my parents, both developed adult diabetes in their 40s.  It was never made clear to them how to control it. 

They were given little guidance and, honestly, back then, doctors didn't seem to offer much in the way of solid advice on the disease.  And, I'm not sure they would have listened.  We never really understood how it worked.

Neither was overweight ever and didn't really have bad diets.

Both died in their early 70s from complications of their diabetes.

Thinking back, I'm sad for them, but it brings to light your point of the crab cakes.

Since you have been living with this for your whole life, you understand, but I'm sure many do not. 

You have to be vigilent in what foods you eat and they were not.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Trinity11 

Your post reminded me of my parents, both developed adult diabetes in their 40s.  It was never made clear to them how to control it. 

They were given little guidance and, honestly, back then, doctors didn't seem to offer much in the way of solid advice on the disease.  And, I'm not sure they would have listened.  We never really understood how it worked.

Neither was overweight ever and didn't really have bad diets.

Both died in their early 70s from complications of their diabetes.

Thinking back, I'm sad for them, but it brings to light your point of the crab cakes.

Since you have been living with this for your whole life, you understand, but I'm sure many do not. 

You have to be vigilent in what foods you eat and they were not.

To this day I hear from diabetics telling me they have no idea how to control their blood sugars @Witchy Woman . They are sent home with insulin, with no instructions. I know a few told me they had to watch YouTube for instructions. And the diet? Many are told to eat 180 grams of carbohydrates; spread out throughout the day. The drugs cause weight gain and nutritionists rarely believe in carbohydrate restriction. There is an ad on tv now where a pharmacist tells a newly diagnosed diabetic they can eat anything including "sweets." No wonder so many diabetics suffer devestating complications. The disease is brutal and without a restrictive diet, people's lives are shortened. I lost my wonderful BIL to this. He treated his constant low blood sugars from insulin with candy bars. He died in his early 50's with numerous amputations, kidney failure and blindness. 

I am so sorry about your parents @Witchy Woman . My endocrinologist once said to me diabetic care in the U.S is no better than third world countries.🥺

Regular Contributor

@Mimi NY  

Steve will be front & center on the gourmet holidays during CIJ and everything else food related. Oddly enough I'm not as put off by him eating or how much, what is so weird is them having to explain to David how it tastes, the chew, the swirling around in thier mouths 🫣 Poor Rosina doesn't even have enough adjectives so she just nods and chews 🤣 
let me get back on track. To be clear, bravo to him for losing the weight bc I know all too well that struggle. I even opted to have weight loss surgery bc I couldn't do it on my own so anyone that can, I applaud. But, that surgery almost killed me. Obstructions, strictures, TPN, J tube (feeding tube) & a wound vac accompanied by 4mo straight in the hospital. I'm unable to eat almost everything & now have #'s of someone suffering from anorexia. Carbs & sugar content are my food group to help gain weight. Qvc has been my go to for all things personal size, individual pkg yada yada... I don't want to hear about diets (sorry, went off topic) 

Regular Contributor

@chrystaltree So much of the QVC food is high fat/sugar/carbs/calories

Yes! Thank you for this as it was what I was trying to explain in my post.. exactly this!