Contributor
I mean David. A lesson on grams of sugar/sodium
per serving in these cans of food they’re draining and rinsing.
Contributor

Re: In the kitchen w diet…

He’s not rinsing the seasoning off these chicken wings
Honored Contributor

@Christina C24 Why not just come out and say what you mean?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good grief, prepping is done BEFORE the show.  This is a show not a restaurant.  Your not eating it so dont fret.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
New Contributor

When did David Venable become a registered dietitian? There's nothing more negative to those struggling with weight issues than someone who's a member of the Diet-Of-The-Month Club preaching bad eating habits. Unfortunately, much of the "information"  that this host preaches is incorrect or misleading and is nothing more than promotion for his diet plan. Take it trom a legitimate dietian.

Esteemed Contributor

David thinks he is the new top carb & sugar expert ..so funny 😂🤣
Trusted Contributor

@SimplyToni wrote:

When did David Venable become a registered dietitian? There's nothing more negative to those struggling with weight issues than someone who's a member of the Diet-Of-The-Month Club preaching bad eating habits. Unfortunately, much of the "information"  that this host preaches is incorrect or misleading and is nothing more than promotion for his diet plan. Take it trom a legitimate dietian.

The same time he became a doctor...Woman Wink

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My doctor actually commented when i told him about rinsing the green beans to rid them of salt. He said most of us know that amy product sitting in brine ABSORBS the salt and washing it doesn't rid it of salt. I can't watch David anymore since he seems to have taken on a role of dietitian, which he is not qualified to do. He's a salesperson and a good one. He is not a dietitian or doctor. 
While i"m on the subject....Mr Rastelli needs to stop saying that the white marbling in the meat is not fat! What the holy heck does he think it is?? OF course it's fat. It's a different type of fat that what you see on the outside of a cut of meat but it is fat.It is INTRAMUSCULAR FAT!!  My son is a professional butcher. When I told him what Mr Rastelli said he went nuts!  He said he'd be fired for lying to a customer...why can they get away with it on tv?
from Science Direct:
Intramuscular fat is called marbling in the meat industry and marbling has a significant impact on marketing fresh meat, particularly beef and pork loin cuts. 

They should be able to sell good products without lying. 

Honored Contributor

I'm kind of weary of DV preaching on the subject of sugar and carbs too. Good for him that he feels he is more informed and has had success with his diet but really---zip it!!!!  I never watch him much anymore---

Valued Contributor

I really used to enjoy David but those days are gone.  Between his constant referral to carbs and sugars and his obsession with colors, I no longer find him enjoyable.  I also do not like the way he treats Steve Doss.  The term 'big bite' is demeaning.  I can recall when David used to take big bites and chow down on just about everything in sight.  Now, he expects Steve to taste the food and give a report on it.  I've seen Steve host alone and he does a fine job.  He's well prepared, knows his product, and gives the rep a chance to talk.  If it's David's show, he needs to take more responsibility when it comes to the food.  If he's not willing to do that, perhaps he should switch to selling Breezies.Cat Happy  Just my opinion.