Respected Contributor

In studio guests have started back

Watching ITKWD and I've seen two in-studio vendors reps so far. It is great to see some normalcy return! 

Honored Contributor

Re: In studio guests have started back

Yes, the remote connections were uneven.  Some were okay, others were hard to watch.  I'm glad to have everyone back in studio. - But I hope they don't give each other COVID.  Smiley Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Dance, Happy Dance!!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's beyond time that vendors are back in the studio, at least the way Covid numbers are now.

I don't lead the most active life, but I am around other human beings at least at some point every day-grocery store, Target, the Mexican restaurant by my house, CVS, bank, etc. I have lived carefully regarding Covid, but I'm not going to stay sheltered in my house for years on end with no human contact. Just not going to do it.  I won't survive all that time alone. It isn't healthy, in my opinion. 

And I don't look at each person I see as a potential Covid carrier.  I always carry a mask in my purse and if I feel the need, I'll put it on.

But people have returned to working in offices, taking vacations, etc.  I really think it's ok for the vendors to be back.  If viral numbers go crazy again....rethink it at that time. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Valued Contributor

It's past time for them to have in studio guests. Everything is open and functional. 🙄
Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't matter to me if hosts return to the studio or not.  If you watch the news you would be aware that Covid is not done with us yet.  The BA.2 subvarient numbers are up.  Fifty-three attendees at the Washington, DC dinner have contracted the virus, China is currently on lock down with 20,000 new cases, and numbers are up in Europe.  While I am glad things have eased here, maybe it's not yet time to let down our guard.

Contributor

It was way over-hyped for what actually transpired. I thought for sure most of the vendors were going to be there based on the over the top hype. Chris and MCM would have been great to actually be there. I know it's a start so that's good.
Honored Contributor

I doubt all the vendors are very excited about this. Especially the ones who need to hop a plane and stay in hotels. 

Honored Contributor

Why would a vendor want to pay for transportation, hotel and meals if they may only be given 5 minutes of air time??

Frequent Contributor

I like the vendors at home.  I find it more interesting to have them at home and they seemed more relaxed.  It felt forced today with the vendors back and a bit akward.  I know that is just my sense.  Most viewers want them back. I work at home and have since 2017. I would never want to go back in person.