Respected Contributor

10th Anniversary program today ... I will tune in. Just think 10 years ago Bob mysteriously disappeared with that very short video he did and David took the helm. Poor Bob also got divorced and moved to the Keys in solitude. David seems to have become Q's top seller.

Honored Contributor

@ReeverIsn't that what retailers all need?  Sales people who actually sell?  

Some people are "closers."  I think it's partially talent and partially a developed skill, but being a closer is important to a successful sales career.  David closes lots of deals for QVC.   I have to be very careful when I watch him and remember not to buy new gadgets for my kitchen when I don't really use the ones I have.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

10th Anniversary program today ... I will tune in. Just think 10 years ago Bob mysteriously disappeared with that very short video he did and David took the helm. Poor Bob also got divorced and moved to the Keys in solitude. David seems to have become Q's top seller.

"Poor Bob" continues to act and is happily re-married.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Congratulations to David!  I trust him. He seems like someone who would make a great friend or neighbor.

I also have to be cautious when he is selling kitchen gadgets.  He does a great job of explaining the many ways that they can make your life in the kitchen easier.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed Bob Bowersox when he did in the kitchen.  Miss him.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations to his 10 yrs with the Sunday show. Use to love David Venable and his marvelous Sunday show but the love waned considering how time reveals age and he continued to play childish games on air....gradually disengaged watching him.  No more ITKWD, ITKWM....too much saturation with kitchen shows, food shows...unfortunately as much as I loved them, they have lost their allure! I check on line to see what items are presented to see what might be interesting.

Honored Contributor

I much prefer David.  Found Bowersox a bit boring.  But I, too, don't watch many cooking shows these days.  Although I watch a bit more of them than I do of the food shows.  Way too many food presentations....not only the stand-alone shows, but throughout any of the cooking shows it seems.

Honored Contributor

@Reever You seem to not be up on the info about "poor Bob" as another person posted what is REALLY happening with him.

Try to keep up! More negativity from you, no surprise!

Esteemed Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Congratulations to his 10 yrs with the Sunday show. Use to love David Venable and his marvelous Sunday show but the love waned considering how time reveals age and he continued to play childish games on air....gradually disengaged watching him.  No more ITKWD, ITKWM....too much saturation with kitchen shows, food shows...unfortunately as much as I loved them, they have lost their allure! I check on line to see what items are presented to see what might be interesting.
----------------

My interest in any cooking show has just about expired.  Too many of the same items presented over and over.  And too much silliness going on during all the kitchen shows...

Honored Contributor

@Reever   I don't think I've ever read one positive post from you.  I just read a negative post that you started in the Fashion forum, too.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau