Honored Contributor

Isn’t there some type of etiquette that if you start a thread, the OP should check back periodly to acknowledge the replies? 

I’ve seen threads where the OP never returns and so many posters take time to post, research information, include photos, etc. 

How do you feel about this?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: IF YOU BEGIN A THREAD....

Perhaps the OP comes back but doesn't comment - so you don't know if they did - or didn't.  I know that for a fact - b/c that's me.  I forget or whatever......don't bother to bookmark most.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the right thing to do if you start a thread is to check in & acknowledge the comments by atleast hearting the posts.I agree that if people take time to respond to you the least you could do is show some consideration.

Honored Contributor

Well yes, especially if you are asking advice or looking for a solution. I was just thinking about asking how different Barefoot Dreams sizing is from QVC sizing because I have a relative who would love one of their tops as a gift. Of course, I'd check back.

Valued Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Perhaps the OP comes back but doesn't comment - so you don't know if they did - or didn't.  I know that for a fact - b/c that's me.  I forget or whatever......don't bother to bookmark most.

I’m exactly the opposite. At the very least I “heart” a kind response, and that’s only bc it would be too creepy to ask for addresses to write personal thank you notes! 🤣 In the words of Adrian Monk, “It’s a blessing..........and a curse!”😉 Happy Veterans Day❣️🇺🇸

Honored Contributor

Of course I check back for answers or I wouldn't have bothered asking the question.  So thank you to all who have taken the time to answer my serious and sometimes frivolous questions, and I will try to be more polite in the future.  

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Isn’t there some type of etiquette that if you start a thread, the OP should check back periodly to acknowledge the replies? 

I’ve seen threads where the OP never returns and so many posters take time to post, research information, include photos, etc. 

How do you feel about this?

@Shanus I don't start that many threads but when I do I try to check back to see if there are any comments.  I will heart or respond depending on the comment.  There was an OP that started a thread and never came back and I was kinda worried because of the question she asked. I do understand that people may have issues with their Internet or just don't check the threads for a couple of days. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Sometimes people forget but yes, there are some OP's that never return.  I wonder if they made up the subject for attention.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The posts that irritate me are the ones asking for information, often requiring some time and research to answer, that never come back to acknowledge the efforts of responders or even that they saw the responses.  That's not internet etiquette; it's plain common manners.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Of course I check back for answers or I wouldn't have bothered asking the question.  So thank you to all who have taken the time to answer my serious and sometimes frivolous questions, and I will try to be more polite in the future.  

@depglass  Definitely was not pointing a finger at anyone...it was a general question. Thanks for your polite reply, though.