Trusted Contributor

Re: IF YOU BEGIN A THREAD....

@x Hedge wrote:

If I start a thread I will go back to read, and may write a reply to a few responses. But I don't camp over it, writing an acknowledgement to everyone who wrote a post, day after day.

I'll also give hearts, which don't necessarily indicate agreement. I appreciate the time and effort in a thoughtfully written post, whether I agree with the poster's sentiments or not.

🚫   If the thread topic is derailed by a poster early in the conversation, I don't necessarily return at all.

I've had threads derailed by the very first reply here, and after a few of those I totally lost my enthusiasm for beginning new threads.

But after an OPs question has been answered and settled, I don't care which way the conversation ends up going. The thread has served it's purpose, and it's no longer a 'structured' discussion with a specific goal.

Yeah, what is up with all the obvious derailing of thread topics on these forums? I'm sure I read in the Standards that it's not permitted, and yet. . . Blatantly obvious that it occurs so often. On most forums this wouldn’t fly. Repeat offenders would be banned. 

Clearly a few don't really grasp the common use of message boards, which are becoming obsolete. Maybe they confuse it with how things work on FB. Or even personal emails. A private messenger feature would be great for many. If a few malicious types wouldn’t ruin it for all. 

It's always appropriate to acknowledge direct posts with a heart or reply (when necessary) within any thread, imo. More so if you're the actual OP requesting input or feedback. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady - I'm glad that @dooBdoo was able to help you! Happy posting... Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge@loriqvc  @DeLaney  Thanks for these suggestions. Think I learned most of them the hard way! Will try to do a lot better in the future. <sigh>

Fortunate @dooBdoo was patient enough to remind me how to post! It's been months since I've done so. Feeling rather positive to remember techy stuff considering all the brain damage suffered with seizures during my lifetime.

This is such a friendly site of kind people. Hope everyone enjoys a Happy Thanksgiving!

Money screams; wealth whispers.