Respected Contributor

Although I've tried my best to use this new forum, I really miss Viewpoints and I dislike that the book section is buried in the midst of TV and movie details.

The upshot is that I do have more time to do things away from the computer.

But I still miss the contacts!

Respected Contributor

Re: I really miss Viewpoints!

Ditto

Honored Contributor

Me three.  Most of us were adult enough if a topic or posters made us angry or furstrated we would just move on and cool down and get on with our own lifes.  I knew I could never change anyone's mind more than mine mind could probably be changed. so I would just head off to the Kitchen/Recipe forums until life was peaceful again on the boards. 

Most viewpoint threads were not harsh or destructive but enlightening and I did learn a lot.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

Although I've tried my best to use this new forum, I really miss Viewpoints and I dislike that the book section is buried in the midst of TV and movie details.

The upshot is that I do have more time to do things away from the computer.

But I still miss the contacts!

Hi insomniac, I floated our monthly book discussion, so that it always shows at the very top of the listings in Books, TV and Movies. In that way, I never have to search for it because it's always right there. 

Try it; it works really well!

Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Big Brother is watching ..... I guess we can't be trusted to discuss current events and the Behavior Police are now controlling the board.

Frequent Contributor

I miss VewPoints too!  I guess it's gone forever. It only takes a few to spoil the bunch.

Honored Contributor

I prefer the old format, but the bullies are still there.....

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I really miss Viewpoints the most.  Q, will you bring it back?

Trusted Contributor

I don't miss the "old" Viewpoints at all. What I do miss is not having to see it's equivalent (in Community Chat) on the front page of the forums. I wish it was hidden like it was before.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

I don't miss the old Viewpoints as it formerly existed. But everyone who frequented it has figured out that Community Chat is where its reincarnated home will be. It's not going to continue as it was, and IMO that is not a bad thing. People will adapt - or not adapt. People will continue to post - or will just mourn and rail.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all