Respected Contributor

Re: I love Pat Dementri's hair!!

@Trinity11  It's nice to know I'm not the only one who still remembers Patty Playpal!  But wasn't her hair stick-straight?

Super Contributor

Pat always looks great..  she has beautiful hair..

Super Contributor

I like Pat Dementri as a QVC host. Her speaking voice reminds me of Diane Sawyer's and, to me, that's a good thing. She is very pleasant to listen to and delivers all the right information.

Respected Contributor

Pat has great hair and I think she is very cute.  I seldom see her since I don't watch in the early am.  But she did a beauty show recently and I saw her.

She looks so attractive with shorter hair.  Long hair pulls the face down as we get older.  Take 10 years off your look - cut your hair.

I once saw Mary Beth with her longer hair pinned up.  My thought was how much younger and stylish she looked.  Then I found out it was a temporary updo!

I know some people disagree, but I have yet to see an example where shorter hair doesn't de-age someone!

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

Pat is such a pretty lady and she is even more pretty in person.  I think that she is a wonderful host and she does have such a good voice for her job.  

Super Contributor

I think Pat looks so good lately .. for awhile maybe a year or so ago I thought she didnt look too good but whatever she has done she looks so good . younger and so pretty 

Super Contributor

I don't understand why so many people think that Pat, or any other woman, should want or need to look younger.  What's so wrong with just looking the age that you are?

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Pat has great hair and I think she is very cute.  I seldom see her since I don't watch in the early am.  But she did a beauty show recently and I saw her.

She looks so attractive with shorter hair.  Long hair pulls the face down as we get older.  Take 10 years off your look - cut your hair.

I once saw Mary Beth with her longer hair pinned up.  My thought was how much younger and stylish she looked.  Then I found out it was a temporary updo!

I know some people disagree, but I have yet to see an example where shorter hair doesn't de-age someone!

Hyacinth

Sometimes I've noticed the opposite. I will notice that a lot of older, and I mean over 60, all have the same short haircut. Most of the time it just looks drab and sad to me like someone told them, you should cut your hair. It's that uninspired not very interesting haircut, a sort of bowl around the head.

But sometimes very long hair can "drag a face down whether "old" or young.

I have come to think that every single person has a style that looks right on them according to the shape of their face and many other factors.

And sometimes people like to try different things.

Not many people have a face shape  that a very short haircut will enhance. 

Instead of "does this make someone look older?" I think it is more relevant to wonder if it makes that person feel pretty, if they like it and looks good on them.

I know a lady who has very long hair and she doesn't do anything with it. You can tell she probably never goes to a hairdresser but I don't think any of us including her cares. We love listening to what she has to say and its part of her independent, only whats important personality, and to her and us, her hairstyle is no longer what is important to her or those who know her. 

I find I can really admire all extremes-people who always look very together, and those who are not or don't bother much with fashion or style but have a lot of confidence and have more of a passion for other things that are more important to them.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

and one more thing...

sorry (because I know some have different ideas or don't care at all what I think) but this entire thread has made me think about so many women and mens obsession about looking young. Time doesn't work that way so getting younger or trying to look that way will be a constant struggle. 

As a society it really is alarming -so many use so many things-time, money, worry devoted to looking younger.How about just feeling good about ourselves and liking how we look?

And really isn't it more important to feel happy or content whether healthy or not as best we each can and to appreciate as much as possible each day and the people in it, and also how much we can give to that day for ourselves and the people and animals in our lives?

I love how our pets always love us no matter how we look or feel (of course if we treat them right) I think "what a wonderful world" if we could always be like that!

(Not that its not fun to talk about fashion or makeup or decorating  but its sad to me when "beauty and looking younger" becomes the main focus and worry.

You know that old song-"Everybody's beautiful, in their own way!"

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@DeniseColo wrote:

I don't understand why so many people think that Pat, or any other woman, should want or need to look younger.  What's so wrong with just looking the age that you are?

I think looking good at whatever your age is a nice goal.

But certain things DO contribute to one looking older than they are.

Hyacinth