Respected Contributor

Re: I have to ask....why is Amy wearing a strapless jumpsuit in February?

I agree it looks odd to wear this time of year, but Amy has the confidence to wear

what pleases her and she manages to pull it off. 

Honored Contributor

Well we don't know what the temperature is there on the set.  Maybe she's one of those people who's always warm.

She always looks cute no matter what she wears.  

My oldest daughter walks around her house in her puffy coat all of the time...drives me crazy.  I sweat to death when I go over there.  Her husband is constantly complaining about the temp there.

My point?  Well, I guess everyone is different.  I can understand why it's hard to look at people with Spring clothes on.  I guess they're trying to sell sandals, etc.

I noticed lots of sandals and sleeveless clothes on QVC all of the time lately.

I just change the channel.  I am so freaking fat....I don't want to think about my flappy sleevless arms.  I'd change the channel....that's why I don't have QVC on.

Honored Contributor

I thought they always say the QVC sets are cold.  She looks good in everything, but I don't think this outfit was a good look for this time of year.  (I'm on west coast and freezing.)  

Esteemed Contributor

She's wearing a strapless jumpsuit in February for the same reason she'll be wearing long sleeves and a 9 foot scarf wrapped 3 times around her neck in July. That's the way all the female hosts roll at the Q.

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:
I think she looks cute. It's no different IMO from female TV anchors and meteorologists wearing sleeveless short dresses during winter in their studios.

'

i agree @Cumbercookie13 !

besides, just because someone else is COLD doesnt mean that i am COLD.

i cannot stand to be too warm and even in my area i barely wear a coat outside when it is 32 degrees. went out tonight and it was 37 and drizzling.....no coat.

i dont tell people how to dress and they dont tell me how to dress. it works out well for all of us that way. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don't think it's any different than someone wearing a strapless gown to a gala.   Not a big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see this, but it reminded me of yet another reason I stopped watching.

When the presentation becomes more about what the host is wearing, it's not really a benefit to what is being shown.

Somehow, many of the hosts have lost sight of this.

Honored Contributor

Although we ALL sling vocabulary on this website without the slightest vestige of filter, the word “appropriate” has to be THE MOST subjective word anyone could apply to what someone chooses to wear, no matter what they sell or where they are or WHY THEY chose to wear it.

Has it become absolutely certain that the clothing worn by hosts on screen IS ONLY the choice of the individual, not passed by an anonymous wardrobe consultant?

True, ABSOLUTELY TRUE, anyone is entitled to an opinion, and sometimes sadly, entitled to express it, but when it comes to expressing shock over exposed shoulders? 

Respected Contributor

@wakefield64   Good question and I'd love to know the answer to it !!  It looks so very ODD  to wear sleeveless tops with the temps freezing outside.  I've noticed that many commentators on news channels and also 'weather-women' do the same thing.

Respected Contributor

I feel fairly confident that Amy has enough clothes in her closet that she could choose a more appropriate attire for her presentations.