Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart 

You hit the nail on the head....

Everyone else....here it is:

"...Puffing" is a term in commercial law which means to convey an overstated belief about some good or service to a prospective buyer with the goal of making a sale of that good or service..."

Re-read the first seven words above ( and linger on the last two of the seven!!!) until you understand WHY the hosts ( and every salesperson, everywhere, ever) does what they do to close the sale!!!

It's a LEGAL SALES TACTIC. Not a "lie".

Now for some lunch time fun, look up the term  "clean beauty" and discover what that means as far as it being a standard, practice, or requirement for ANY beauty product.

I'll use the BOTH terms  in a sentence:  "CLEAN BEAUTY" is....PUFFING!!!!"

Sheeesh.

Esteemed Contributor

As i have said before whatever item this host or any host is presenting is

the best thing ever. They have it or they bought countless amounts for

others as gifts, etc. There is nothing like it, it is comforting, fabulous and

everyone will love it and will get tons of compliments. Same old stories.

Contributor
Does it bother anybody that every single host counts free shipping as a savings to customer but not one counts it as a cost. I used to watch QVC all the time now I rarely watch. And why can't hosts just stick to accurately quoting the numbers on the graphics. Seems they like to round up and down or worse yet, make up an entirely different number. SK does that all the time.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@NanaCrystal wrote:

I know with all of the worldly problems, it is ridiculous for me to complain about something so trivial.  However, here goes.  Shawn just said on her show when presenting the Jill Martin humble Bella sherpa jacket she said she has 2 and wears them as robes because she doesn't have a robe.  Well not long ago, when presenting the Barefoot dreams robe, she said her mother had bought her the robe and she absolutely loves it!  So which is it?  When hosts blatantly are being untrue, I feel they will lie about anything to make a sale.  Ridiculous!  Also, why is everything described as juicy as if you are going to eat it?  Sorry, I needed to vent.  My team lost, lol!

"it is ridiculous for me to complain about something so trivial.  However, here goes."  I don't get why posters say such nonsensical things.  If you feel it's trivial then why bother?

And why watch and continue to listen to hosts you find so annoying?  They are salespeople trying to sell! Yes, I've heard them say these things but I don't understand getting so offended by it. 

Honored Contributor

All the hosts stretch the truth to its limits and beyond, but it is possible to have a BD robe and not use it as a robe.  Take the belt off and it's a long cardigan.

I for one don't care for tie robes so if someone gave me one, I'd either morph it into something else or give it away.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@CalminHeart 

You hit the nail on the head....

Everyone else....here it is:

"...Puffing" is a term in commercial law which means to convey an overstated belief about some good or service to a prospective buyer with the goal of making a sale of that good or service..."

Re-read the first seven words above ( and linger on the last two of the seven!!!) until you understand WHY the hosts ( and every salesperson, everywhere, ever) does what they do to close the sale!!!

It's a LEGAL SALES TACTIC. Not a "lie".

Now for some lunch time fun, look up the term  "clean beauty" and discover what that means as far as it being a standard, practice, or requirement for ANY beauty product.

I'll use the BOTH terms  in a sentence:  "CLEAN BEAUTY" is....PUFFING!!!!"

Sheeesh.

hee hee...Judge Judy uses 'Puffing' all the time!  That's the first place I heard the term!

Contributor

Shawn says alot of stuff that isn't true especially when she is describing the quality of something. 

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954  Yes she can, and she excercised that choice. You too have the choice to either read it or pass it by. 

Honored Contributor

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

@rms1954  Yes she can, and she excercised that choice. You too have the choice to either read it or pass it by. 

Never did i say she could not.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NanaCrystal   Maybe she used the sherpa things as robes before she got the BD robe?  Give the lady a break.  It's not that important.

MMMMM  I doubt it.  She wants people to believe SHE uses and buys everything she sell.s