Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts who deserve recognition

East coast "prime time" is not the same as mine (west coast) so don't  consider it as a factor.  Alberte and most of the ladies are excellent.  But there are other reasons I no longer buy anything from Q.

Frequent Contributor

Not a Jennifer Coffey fan.....Her mannerisms drive me nuts.....cannot watch & she seems very phoney

Frequent Contributor

I hear what the OP is saying & I agree 100%......the hosts that are more down to earth seem to be on air less frequently or they don't get prime time.........I can't take one more show of Shawn....I will take Jayne or Pat any day & actually breathe sigh of relief when I see them on.......

Valued Contributor

When I first started watching, there was only one show on that had a host in the name.  That was In the Kitchen With Bob.  Even PM Style was just PM Style, it wasn't With Anyone.  Over the years they've started adding more bylines and giving hosts their "own" shows.  Fine to a degree, but when they decide to annoint ONE host as a "STAR" it becomes irritating and/or just boring to the viewers.  As someone who works during the day, and can only watch in the evenings, I get really tired of seeing the SAME host every night.  I wish they would rotate the hosts more, or even stop having dedicated time slots for weekly shows.

I actually like most of the hosts.  There's only a couple that I have to mute or turn off.  Though to be honest, it's usually the PRODUCTS that have me grabbing the remote, regardless of who happens to be hawking them that day.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Respected Contributor

In some areas of the country, herbal IS pronounced with the "h" sound. That's how they say it in England, as well.

Honored Contributor

I think QVC is at it's best when they present a variety of unique products and the hosts are pleasant, informative, and don't go overboard in talking about themselves, or acting real silly---And I don't like used car sales techniques either!

And I think ceertain hosts should be recognized for doing a good job, while others need to take customer feedback on ways they can improve to keep us tuned in.

Unfortuantely, due to repetitive programming and/or unwatchable hosts I only tune in and watch a select few shows on QVC .......The hosts I find enjoyable and pleasant and give good product information and should be recognized are CAROLYN, LEAH, PAT, MARY BETH, and JENNIFER!!!  Also DAN HUGHES. And I'm hoping Lisa Mason will return as I enjoy her too!!!

I seldom see Gabrielle or Alberti---so I am neutral on them......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I'd hate to work for some of the posters who say "They get a paycheck, that's all the recognition they need". Is that how you do/did feel about your own work?  

I don't expect an "employee of the month",banner or bells to ring, when I walk into the office; but it can sure make my day better, to have my Boss say, "You did a great job", or, even more, to have a patient say, "You really helped me, Thank You". 

You may have been getting dinner for the family, for 20 years or more. Do you ever get tired of hearing " that was an amazing dinner, thank you".

Sometimes it seems like we only hear the criticism.  I, for one, really appreciate the folks who take that moment to compliment a job well done, to say thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it would be difficult for the Q to tell only one or two hosts that they deserve recognition.  However, it is obvious that hosts who are "deemed" really good  get to host the out of town shows and are awarded the host position of a  multitude shows.    The hosts are always saying they have to attend meetings, so hosts probably get in house recognition  -- who sold the most items, etc etc.

Contributor

The ones u listed are not my best excrpt Alberti but I rarely see him .
Respected Contributor

Hello, 3Irishboys and welcome. Smiley Happy

Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host. I like how he gives all the details for the products being shown.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder