Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

It's all about the numbers. The hosts are under extreme pressure to sell sell sell. Manners go out the window. 

My thoughts exactly.....

Contributor

Hello,

I did not finish watching the IM show last night, but I did get the drift of what was happening. I am suprised no one has mentioned Susan Graver. I would love to watch her shows, but i can't tolerate her"Wonderfuls, Fabulous  and all the other interruptions she throws out while the host is trying to do colors. I have to mute my TV. sad. She seems like a super nice lady. She is just too aggressive for me. So i miss out on her line cuz I cannot stand her voice all the time. I do wish a host would stop her. One time Leah said loudly"Can we do colors?" I thought that was great.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

On no other shopping channel are the hosts as rude and intrusive as they are on QVC.   I wanted to reach through the TV and shake Jane this afternoon when I was trying to hear what Louis D'Olio was saying.   I'd like to hear one of the guests call a host out live and on-air for interrupting.   Maybe that would put a stop to it.   Trouble is... they're too polite. 

I have read some comments on hosts' FB pages about this and it doesn't go over too well with the hosts.  LOL

Honored Contributor

When I used to watch, I generally would prefer to listen to the host than the vendor. Of course, that was prior to the hosts becoming frantic. Only those vendors who could truly add something to the presentation were worth my time and most of them simply didn't add to the proceedings. When watching QVC became more like an endurance test than an enjoyable pass time, I pretty much gave it up, so it doesn't much matter to me anymore. As a point of information, though, it seems pretty clear that the host's intrusive behaviors are sanctioned, if not endorsed, by the higher ups. If they weren't, they'd cool it. I'd not hold my breath for anything to change, as it seems QVC has long been and continues to be incapable of making changes for the better.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@RN dog lady wrote:

Do y'all not even listen to your shoes?!  I love your clothes, accessories, etc, but it is all I can do most of the time to listen to your shows. Your hosts continue to talk over the designers constantly ( I just watched Shawn & Isaac Mizrahi and could hardly hear him at all while he desperately tried to point out the details of his True Denim collection).  They sound like a bunch of magpies if it is 2 women like LOGO by Lori Goldstein. The noise is almost unbearable and I absolutely can't hear the designer. Same for Renee with Women in Control. Just think about your viewers pleas

I did not know my shoes could talk!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

It's all about the numbers. The hosts are under extreme pressure to sell sell sell. Manners go out the window. 

My thoughts exactly.....

The one reason why i feel they aren't being interruptive because of the management is because they aren't there interjecting about the product.........they start talking about themselves and personal experiences....

Respected Contributor

QVC never used to be as bad as it is today.  Too many of the hosts and some guests have either (or both) bad speaking habits or terribly annoying voices.  It gets worse when they start to get loud, squealing, talking fast and talking over each other.  If the guests can't get a word in to talk about their product, I don't know why they bother having them on the show at all.  LOL, then there's guests like SG.  She doesn't need a host.  She's like a one man band.....she does it all with her presenting and modeling and never keeping quiet.

It all reminds me of those dreadful  "Buzz" shows they had a few years back.  Half a dozen people sitting on a couch, competing to be heard.  Not a pleasant experience for the viewer.

Honored Contributor

A big part of the hosts job is to make friends with the customers so they will buy from them. There are customers who are lonely and want TV friends so I think that is why the [so called] top hosts give up all that personal info on air and facebook. I can't think of one host anymore that I can say I actually enjoy watching present a product. I thinks most vendors could present their product without all that help from the host.

Respected Contributor

You can tell that the host keeps looking at the monitor where they have the sales numbers. It looks like they are checking themselves, but they are looking at sales numbers.  I even caught Louis Dell Olio looking at the sales numbers yesterday.  

Super Contributor
IMO it is the worst when Carolyn especially shows her preference for three D&Co brand or when the hosts talk overy the callers and interject their personal story instead of letting the caller ask or answer the question asked. QVC needs to sell , I have seen Pat &Jane talk so much over each other and the caller they don't listen when asked to be put back to CS to order more items. It baffles me how into themselves the hosts have become and unaware of how irrelevant the personal stories of their children or what they order matter. I want to hear sizes, fabrication , measurements and less joking and chlll