Regular Contributor

Re: Hosts Using Self Tanner Products

I'm turned off by anything phony.  Would buy more from "regular people" who don't have every wrinkle, grey and flaw covered/changed.

Super Contributor

Looks even funnier when their arms are tan but their hands are pale as can be!  

Contributor

It's Saturday and a male host whom I really like has VERY orange hands with many missed spots here and there.

He's pretty meticulous with his personal grooming (I've seen videos of his personal routines) so I'm VERY surprised to see this. SUPER fake ORANGE.

Valued Contributor

@RetailTherapy31 wrote:

It's Saturday and a male host whom I really like has VERY orange hands with many missed spots here and there.

He's pretty meticulous with his personal grooming (I've seen videos of his personal routines) so I'm VERY surprised to see this. SUPER fake ORANGE.

He is extremely orange today and so is his co-host. 

Honored Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

@RetailTherapy31 wrote:

He is extremely orange today and so is his co-host. 

I have an idea of whom you speak, but I'd like to make the general comment that I think it's hilarious when they tell you a tanning product won't turn you orange as they stand there, well, ... orange.

Occasional Contributor

Someone please tell K and A that the orange complexion is just too much.

I can't focus on the product, they look "neon".

New Contributor

I agree with everyone...the self tanning used by hosts is not natural looking.  So many of the hosts are so attractive...why do they feel they need to be tan?  I admire one of the QVC models, Amy.   She appears natural....even with capris or a dress on.  Self tanners are alot safer than the real sun, but why can't we be who we are?  I have noticed hosts with orange faces or white hands up to the wrist...like maybe they did some cleaning or washing dishes that day and the self tanner faded.  PLEASE....just be who you are.  You are all very attractive...Shawn...I love your laugh...you make me laugh.  You don't have to be tan to be attractive....it is what is inside that counts.

Honored Contributor

Who cares and is it really note worthy?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was never a big self tanner fan because of the off color, streaks and mostly,  THE SMELL.  Even when they said,  no smell, or wonderful smell,  I could STILL smell that self tanner stink.  Awful.   

Then a while back,  I found Mine Tan,  which I thought to be the best to date.  I got the set with the lighter and darker foam, and used the lighter mostly because the darker one was more difficult to apply.  

My next step, because I like a little color but want to be more careful in the sun,  was to try the tanning drops that you added into your moisturizer.  They worked fairly well but still had that smell.  Then....   a thought!  Why not add the darker Mine Tan to some body lotion for the body application?   BINGO!!!!

For me,  if I'm going to self tan in the warmer months,  I use the MINE TAN darker foam and add it to a lotion.  It applies so well, no smell and a gorgeous color for your body (I still use the light foam for my face). 

Edited to add.  I ALWAYS wash my hands.  Sometimes I even use an exfoliator on my palms.  Also adding the foam to the lotion helps to distribute the color more evenly to your elbows, knees, ankles and knuckles.   

Regular Contributor

Faux tanners are very flattering if applied correctly. It can make you look much more toned and 10lbs thinner, instantly.