Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts Using Self Tanner Products

I never understood people who think it is good to rub this stuff into your skin....

Esteemed Contributor

I tried self-tanner once back when I was in high school.  Never again.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

@tototwo You brought back memories from the 60's when my girlfriend and I decided to put our babysitting money together and go to our local drugstore to get some tanning lotion OH WHAT A MISTAKE, the only good thing was there was no school,but family members laughed so. We both were  light skin , and we both turned STREAKING Orange ,we didn't see each other for a week, and never took so many baths and showers . Never tried again and bet they are much improved but that one  summer day scared me , I always pass when see self tanners on shopping channels.

Respected Contributor

There's one particular host that doesn't seem to take much care when applying. I always notice the feet and they never seem to apply that area carefully. It's like they just slap it on. 

Honored Contributor

This is neither here nor there (so to speak):

About a week or so ago, I thought my TV screen was 'off' on the color.

So I attempted to correct the what I thought was my TV screen problem.

Then, as I looked closer, the vendor(s) from his/her home via Zoom (or whatever) had normal skin tone.

So, after thinking about it, I'm only guessing that the host(s) were wearing self tanners, which had an orange tint.

Maybe too much, too soon.   

'Little by little' applications might be better. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I remember my first try at self tanner..oh brother. I was getting ready for my 8th grade graduation dance...bought self tanner, shaved my legs cut myself several times, put on the tanner.  Off I went in my baby pink dress with orange legs and little bandaids stuck to them. I was sure no guy would ask this idiot to dance.  But they did!  I had a great time and a good memory.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

Let us all remember that because of COVID all the hosts are doing their own hair and make-up and nails. They are probably doing their own self-tan as well. None of these things will look as good as when the professionals do them. Maybe we could cut the hosts a break just this once.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

Let us all remember that because of COVID all the hosts are doing their own hair and make-up and nails. They are probably doing their own self-tan as well. None of these things will look as good as when the professionals do them. Maybe we could cut the hosts a break just this once.Smiley Happy

The host I spoke of had the messy tanner long before COVID.

Honored Contributor

Kerstin is generally overly self-tanned.  When it it obvious you have self-tanned, you have applied too much too often.

Frequent Contributor

Years ago Philosophy had an excellent self tanner. Smelled nice, no steaminess, went on white so easy to blend and looked like a true beach tan! However, as with all good things from Philosophy, long gone post sale! Sad!!