Occasional Contributor

Please,,,,hosts and hostesses,  show the back of a garment not just a brief flash if at all. Also, the TV screen only shows about a fourth with all the boxes and the Skype. Some of the models wear black with black which doesn't show up well on TV. Also, please stop saying we are at home more "nowadays" etc. I don't need a reminder that this year has been crappy! Sorry for all the complaints but yelling at the tv does no good!

Honored Contributor

Re: Hostesses and camera person

@Doxiemama2020 Actually on the Denim & Co. shows, the hosts are great about showing the *whole* garment, including the back!

Honored Contributor

I have been requesting this everywhere I can for years. Right now, if they do happen to show the back the camera is very far from the model. 

I WANT TO SEE WHAT I'M BUYING.

Honored Contributor

Yes, the "we are at home more now" bit is an unwelcome reminder of the current predicament.  Using it as part of a sales pitch is lame and a bit of a turn-off.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd also like to see the back (clasp) of necklaces and also bracelet clasps. Easy enough to show on camera but not always done. The camera lingers on the display forms but seldom lingers on the clasps and bales even if the host chooses to show them.

I'd also like some discussion of the size of pendant bales. I've returned some pricey pieces because the only chain they could be worn on was the thread-like short chain that came with. I've also returned several chains because the clasp isn't detailed in the description and won't fit the tiny bale.

Most times I can get the information on clasp types but very hard to do on the items that only show one picture online. Bale measurements are always tough.

Respected Contributor

My "favorite" is when they only semi-rotate drop earrings so you can't see the backs -- this means there must be something wrong back there that they don't want to show.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Isn't it better to call them "hosts,: whether men or women?  "Hostess" sounds a little dated.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, far away to show the back or really close up.  I wish they would watch their own performances. 

Valued Contributor

Sometimes too I would like to see models in a color other than black or white especially if its a new color

Also if host could look at models to see what color they have on & not put same on.Makes me think they know that color looks good on them & just don't care.
Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

My "favorite" is when they only semi-rotate drop earrings so you can't see the backs -- this means there must be something wrong back there that they don't want to show.  

That is my pet peeve also.......so many times they don't show the backs of earring and i want to see what type of clasp, etc there is.............

Also...they never show the rings crown area ....in just an upright position..........so you can judge how high it might rise, or if prongs are prominent,etc.

Or selling blouses/tops and they covering the necklines with scarves