Honored Contributor

Re: Host names on program guide

Maybe they took the names off to limit complaints about having the wrong hosts listed.

Respected Contributor

@Suneshine wrote:

It looks like the removal of the hosts names from the program guide might be permanent.   Because the names are not listed you don't really know if the show is live. 

@Suneshine you don't need the show hosts to know if a show is live. QVC is live each day from 7am - 3am EST and QVC2 is live from 11am - midnight EST.

Respected Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Maybe they took the names off to limit complaints about having the wrong hosts listed.

many of us plan our week ahead based on show selections/hosts. It would be wise to return to the old format so loyal viewers can make plans accordingly.

Super Contributor

The same change was not made on the HSN site.  They continue to list the host and the names of the guests. 

Frequent Contributor

@Suneshine   We all HATE not seeing what host will be on for each show. I started the same post (not seeing yours) and everyone is commenting on mine too. Unless we know what host will be doing each show, we don't tune in (or DVR). 

Super Contributor

@Jeletta- It is interesting that the same thing isn't being done at both networks.  HSN continues to publish the names of the hosts and the vendors for each hour of programming.  You also don't really know if the QVC show is actually live because the guide only lists the theme for the hour.  I see that nobody is addressing this.  Does anyone know if David was asked this question during his chats this past week? He is the only host who does live social media.  Of course, he could ignore the question. 

Esteemed Contributor

HSN and QVC are now each run as individual brands by separate Presidents, each reporting to the Qurate CEO.

The HSN President clearly, in my opinion,  seems much more attuned to his customers than does the QVC President. 

Honored Contributor

Host names are back on the Program Guide.

Frequent Contributor

@Suneshine    Live programming starts on QVC main at 7 AM through I THINK 3 AM (3-7 AM are re-runs shows).

On QVC 2, live programming begins at 11 AM each day and goes until midnight... that's how you can tell on the guide.