Respected Contributor

So hopefully all the HOOPLA over this 50+ nonsence will end soon.  I am still waiting for all the wonderful new things supposedly coming our way....as usual-same old same old.

Esteemed Contributor

I can understand how it is off-putting for you, because other posters have expressed such fatigue as well!😁 I happen to enjoy it though, and the POSITIVE message it represents!❤

Like you, I WELCOME seeing what new products are in the pipeline for spring/summer!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Q is trying to celebrate women but it's a big fail.

I find it insulting to listen to women who are supposed to be celebrating women degrade themselves by talking about nothing that lifts up women, health issues, vacations, kids, or yell over each other and act like goofy pre-teen girls. 

There isn't a huge corporation on the planet that is truly interested in celebrating and lifting up women. They want sales and are trying to find ways to make more sales. They want profits. They want to pay shareholders. They want their stock price to go up. 

Honored Contributor

I'm happy that they acknowledge a big QVC demographic is plus 50 women. However, I'm not keen on anyone telling us how to look, and act. 

Respected Contributor

Throughout the lead up to the Big Event, I was never under the impression that "new" products or brands would be introduced. 

This is basically a large-scale brand awareness and brand expansion campaign and results (if any) take place over a long time frame. 

Perhaps it was poorly executed.  But its success can only be seen over the longer term, as quarterly results are disclosed.   Labeling the campaign a "fail" is speculative and presumptuous.   Maybe it won't succeed,  but maybe it will.

My personal opinion is that it will be modestly successful,  but that remains to be seen.  I hope that it works.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

Q is trying to celebrate women but it's a big fail.

I find it insulting to listen to women who are supposed to be celebrating women degrade themselves by talking about nothing that lifts up women, health issues, vacations, kids, or yell over each other and act like goofy pre-teen girls. 

There isn't a huge corporation on the planet that is truly interested in celebrating and lifting up women. They want sales and are trying to find ways to make more sales. They want profits. They want to pay shareholders. They want their stock price to go up. 

@CalminHeart  Amen !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan