Respected Contributor

Been watching QVC for about 10 years.

I feel like there is more Christmas programming now than earlier years.

I concede my memory may be incorrect.  I remember July 25 being a whole day of Christmas stuff.  But not as early as beginning of July and SO MUCH SO SOON.

I'm hardly watching at all.  I know - they don't care.  I guess they are selling things to make up for the loss of people like me!

Am I correct or is my memory faulty?  Thanks!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

I've been watching for many years and don't ever remember so many Christmas shows in July.  I am not interested in Christmas shopping at this time of the year.  It is 110 where I live so that's the last thing on my mind, other than staying in the A/C.   Smiley Indifferent

Honored Contributor

This is definitely the worst year ever for non-stop Christmas programming in July.  There'll be no stopping them now until after Christmas.  I'm totally disgusted by it.  No other retailer is as obnoxious in their grab for the dollar as QVC.  I'll express my displeasure with my credit card....or lack thereof.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Evidentally, July is the new start of the Yule season now. ??? LOL.

Respected Contributor

I think it must be because other retailers are doing the Christmas in July thing - even locally - even at a local beauty/tanning salon.  I think Amazon may  have started it with their Prime Day - but that was one day.    I don't remember all of this at all in other years.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help me with my memory!

[ Edited ]

I agree.  

Also, they have started giving an hour of coverage, every other hour, throughout the day.  Boring!  Way too much in my book.

They cover fewer items per hour and more (too much) time on each item.

Either you want it or you don't want it.  Does seeing it every hour really convince people to buy anything?

Super Contributor

I have been watching QVC since 1987. Yes, you are correct; I do recall Christmas in July starting on July 25th, not the entire month of July, and then the 25th of every month until closer to Christmas. Seems like there are a lot of repeats, as far as Christmas products go, but no different than the Q's usual lack of 'new'. I don't watch a lot of QVC on TV, so the Christmas shows don't really bother me. Don't need any more Christmas decorations, but like to watch Valerie. Outdoor decorations don't interest me. If I see something at a good price, that I think a family member would like/need, I do order it, because many times you hear the hosts say, "Only order of the season." Saves me a trip to the very crowded mall during holiday time. Ideally, the Christmas season should start after Thanksgiving, but in this day and age, not any longer, unfortunately. Everything is so commercialized nowadays; all rooted in the bottom line.

Honored Contributor

Taking advance orders for Christmas foods also bothers me. I don't want to "reserve" a food item 5 months before l'll need it!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

LOL.... I'm really not an early Christmas bird....I'd like to start thinking about Christmas around Thanksgiving (but no that isn't practical). but besides that I have SO MUCH Christmas stuff down in the basement now that I could rotate everything for three years straight and not see the same thing twice.  So every time I see something to decorate my house I start hyperventilating because I don't have room to display it and sure don't have anymore room to store it.....and my house is a little over 3000 sq feet!!  

So my CC is safe in its wallet.... Woman Wink 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*