Esteemed Contributor

Help! How do I delete a post in someone else's thread?

How do I delete a post or posts in an existing thread?  I added info to a thread started by another user, as a continuation of what she offered.  

I just want to delete that content if I can, because I started a new thread!

Any help would be great!!!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Super Contributor

Re: Help! How do I delete a post in someone else's thread?

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset The way I delete a post is by clicking on the 3 dots in the upper right corner where "edit reply" is found. Then I just back space,  deleting what I had written and click on the "Post" box.

Trusted Contributor

You can't delete the post itself but you can edit it.  I've seen posters do this. They either edit it to say something like "post deleted", "nevermind", etc.

Or you could ask a mod to delete it for you. They might.

Esteemed Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

You can't delete the post itself but you can edit it.  I've seen posters do this. They either edit it to say something like "post deleted", "nevermind", etc.

Or you could ask a mod to delete it for you. They might.

Ohhhhhhhh.  Geez.  OK.  I thought I could because no one had responded to it.

Thank you so much @MezzieStarr .  I'll be more careful next time.  I can delete posts from my own thread, though right?

Esteemed Contributor

@cantdrive55 wrote:

@gertrudecloset The way I delete a post is by clicking on the 3 dots in the upper right corner where "edit reply" is found. Then I just back space,  deleting what I had written and click on the "Post" box.

@cantdrive55 , I tried and it doesn't work.  I could have sworn I deleted a post before too before (especially because I wrote it and changed my mind).  Now all of a sudden it doesn't work.

When I see those ... above the post it won't allow me to delete my posts in the other person's thread.  I don't get that option.  Weird (got me scratching my head).

Thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can delete most postings that you made on somone else's thread, unless somone quoted you.

Just click on the three dots to the upper right of your response, then click delete.  I have done it many times after I changed my mind about what I posted.

Occasionally, the delete option was not there, so I clicked on edit and manually deleted my comments.

If you  can't do it, ask a mod to do it for you.

E0796901-2E10-4232-BD79-DF8FD3AB2CF1.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@gertrudecloset unfortunately, only the QVC mods can delete posts.

Esteemed Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

@gertrudecloset unfortunately, only the QVC mods can delete posts.

Thank you @MezzieStarr!  I understand better now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

You can delete most postings that you made on somone else's thread, unless somone quoted you.

Just click on the three dots to the upper right of your response, then click delete.  I have done it many times after I changed my mind about what I posted.

Occasionally, the delete option was not there, so I clicked on edit and manually deleted my comments.

If you  can't do it, ask a mod to do it for you.

E0796901-2E10-4232-BD79-DF8FD3AB2CF1.jpeg

@Carmie OK.  The thread I'm talking about the poster did quote me and I even contributed to it.  I thought it would be a good idea to add to her thread, but when I realized the title of her thread (as she spoke of only three individuals) that she chose, I decided I should start my own.  I'm trying to be mindful.  

Thanks so much for sharing what you know about this.  I started scratching my head for a minute thinking it was time for my hot tardy!  LOL.

Wonderful.....