Occasional Contributor
What do you think of Harry Slatkin candles? I’ve purchased from QVC for many many years but this is one thing I haven’t had the nerve to buy . . . likely because scent is so personal. And, truth be told, the older I get the more sensitive to scent I’ve become. (Who knew that was a thing?) Are his candles softly scented? Overpowering? What do you think!
Occasional Contributor

Respected Contributor

I ordered the Luxury Gourmand my first order. The candles are wonderful. And the glass containers they come are really pretty. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shoooz   Welcome to the boards. The candles are lovely and make nice gifts. 

Valued Contributor

I have only ordered floral candle sets but I really like the fragrance and the glass jars look so pretty!

Honored Contributor

Re: Harry Slatkin?

[ Edited ]

If you are sensitive to scent I would recommend you start out by ordering one of his smaller candles to see how it works for you. Scent is such a personal thing, I myself like his balsam and fruit scents. 

Honored Contributor

I love his candles, but I love scent! If you are somewhat sensitive to scents, you may want to start off with a small candle and see how it works for you. I would not say his scents are super strong or overwhelming, but you can definitely smell them....And some are more powerful than others. His Fruit scents are very nice...... 

Esteemed Contributor

Slatkin candles are the only ones I can use. I am super sensitive to scents and have to know everything that is in it. I purchase the mint and citrus candles. I'm allergic to woods, greens, flowers and exotic fruits. The glass containers are substanial and I use them for other uses once the candle is used. 

Respected Contributor

I like Harry's candles very much.  I would rate them as medium in terms of how strong they smell. It will vary by scent for sure.  I find they burn best if you trim the wicks each time before lighting them. The glass ones cast a very pretty glow.  Only criticism is once they get down low, the flames are small and they don't cast much of a glow like they did in the beginning. I have been using them to alleviate smells from cooking in my home, which I detest. They are working nicely for that. I havea blueberry one in my kitchen and a grass scented one in the living room. 

Valued Contributor

His harvest candles are the best, in my opinion. I recommend the set of 3 candles that includes, Autumn Pinecone, Harvest Leaves, and Pumkin Caramel Corn. Harvest Leaves is really the best smelling candle that he makes. It has a sweet smell that makes me think of what cranberry cheesecake might smell like. Autumn Pinecone has a slight pine scent but is warm and has almost a cologne vibe, and Pumpkin Caramel Corn has a rich maple scent that isn’t too sweet. These candles are currently on easy pay with free shipping at a great price.

The set of 3 Christmas candles doesn’t do much for me, except Mistletoe Magic is nice. Both Frozen Balsam which has a cooling sensation and Winter Hearth which to me smells like a very dusty room both irritate my sinuses.