Honored Contributor

Re: HIGH PRICES....

[ Edited ]

Prices don't stay the same; they go up every year, bit by bit.  Stores vary their merchandise; any retailer would be foolish to continue offering the same things year after year, nothing new. LOL, QVC does enough of that.

I would be a lot more annoyed at the prices for D&C and Quacker Factory in terms of how the prices have increased vs. the quality and uniqueness of the clothing currently offered, than the pricing of lower end designer merchandise that is good quality and above average material.

For the time being at least, K Mart, Target and Walmart are still options for the OP, and they sell by mail online.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Regular Contributor

Agreed!  Well Said!

Esteemed Contributor

If you think $169 U.S. Dollars for that Isaac Mizrahi cashmere sweater tent TSV is high, the same sweater tent is going to be sold in Canada on TSC for $239 CDN supposedly on sale from the "regular" price of $299 CDN dollars. Where do these pie in the sky prices come from?

Price aware customers aren't stupid.

And by the way, that was an ugly sweater!

Contributor

What a timely topic!!    I am used to D&Co having some of the lower prices. I was shocked to see they want $49 for  D&Co Lurex sweater, Item A271302. ($51, total)/

I know materials and labor , shipping, must go up each year., but I was momentarily taken aback ,to see that price, for a piece from the Denim&Co line,,of a sweater. The fabric content says: : 91% cotton/6% polyester/3% other fiber.

Anymore, a person has to REALLY love an item ,to spend that kind of money. I shop at many other online stores, and this just seems a high price for that particular item, 

This is just all my opinion.I am not that much in love with it, to spend that kind of money, especially not at holiday time. 

Then again, many others , may  feel that. indeed ,  it is worth every penny. That's fine too..It is good to have choices and vote with our pocketbooks. ....,Just giving my own experence and opinionSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Charging designer prices for Susan Graver is a joke.  She mass markets items for the Q, I don't consider her anything near a designer!  

Respected Contributor

I happen to like QVC's better offerings.  Ripka, Linea, GILI.  This does not mean that I have anything against the other brands. I happen to like the brands I mentioned.  QVC is in approximately 100 million households.  In order to make money they have to offer merchandise at various price points.  QVC is no different than Macy's, Bloomingdales, or even Saks 5th Avenue.

Trusted Contributor

The prices today are terrible.Today on they had a denim shirt for 125.00 dollars yes I have the income,but am not stupid to pay that price.Shoes are going for 200 dollars,I am not crazy,so do not buy much anymore.Denim/co prices are way out also.

Respected Contributor

Why would you buy clothes or shoes from the Q? There are high prices with all retailers.  It wouldn't be smart to buy the higher prices. 

Honored Contributor

I would suggest to go online and research the other sites that have the same things and see if you can get free shipping and a better price---I do that ALL the time.  I am so tired of wating 2-3 weeks to finally get somthing I ordered. TJ Maxx has cashmere sweaters for $60---Macys has free shipping and returns, as does Nordstrom. And then there is my fav--Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

Prices on clothing everywhere has gone up. The average prices for a nice top is around $89 at many brick and mortar stores.  I always wait for a sale before I buy.

I have also found that if I buy better quality clothing in a classic style, I need less of it and it lasts longer.  Most of us do not need closets bulging with clothing. Think about it, how many items in your closet do you actually wear?  

If you pay $125 for a pair of well fitting black pants and you wear them more than once a week all year around and they last for several years, you got a bargain.  Those pants were really less expensive than a pair of $40 pants that faded, wore thin and lost the button in a few months and never really fit well.

We all have choices.  QVC is not the only place to shop. There are stores that offer lower price items out there and they have better sale prices too.

Happy Shopping!