Respected Contributor

Re: Gourmet All Day - Oy Vey!

My husbands favorite is the food shows.  We have purchased a lot and some on auto delivery. 

I did not get the TSV because I have some apples coming in November (soon) and some in December too.  Grandkids and adults love them. We had some in October too.

I do not need the boxes or 10 large ones.  I ordered regular size apples.  Pretty good prices too.  

We had them on our Halloween movie night party and will be having at Thanksgiving time for our wrapping and tree trimming party time.  

We do not sit  and watch all day.  I work and husband retired but he has other things going on.  We pop it on later.

Frankly, I don't enjoy watching hosts stuffing their faces or smacking their lips.  I liked it better when they couldn't eat anything.  Or smooshing the items with their fingers.  Kind of gross. Some of them really  pack it away too.

Honored Contributor

I'm not interested in food shows. I already found places to buy that are less expensive with excellent quality.

Enough people must buy it which is why they keep showing it. ugh

Valued Contributor

Never watch.  Not interested.  Don't cook.

Respected Contributor

I watched on and off during the day...and David's show last night...he was pretty amped up....did you see him in "the fudge scene"?!?!?!

I think they have so many food shows because...People must buy it, and because MOST of the stuff is from here ( the USA-no supply chain issues).

Although I wonder if those styrofoam shipping coolers are made here? I bet they are...

I keep on of those empty coolers in my truck for shopping day!!! FREE!!!

I love to cook so I watch and didn't buy anything (this time)....

Some of the stuff was really high priced for the quantity...but if you like it and ordered it, enjoy!!!

I like cast iron cookware, and a lot of folks like ...dare I say it....sherpa!!!!

Thank goodness we're all different....think how boring and StepFord Wives-like we'd be if we were not!!!

Honored Contributor

Not watching much of QVC at all these days. Not sure why, but I think, for me, it began when they stopped identifying the hosts on the Program Guide.  I'll never understand why HSN does things like that so much better than QVC.

Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

I think they have so many food shows because...People must buy it, and because MOST of the stuff is from here ( the USA-no supply chain issues).

Although I wonder if those styrofoam shipping coolers are made here? I bet they are...

Beware of the seafood products. QVC seems relunctant to disclose where much of the fish and crab come from. If they do not say I always assume China. The Chinese process a lot of fish sold in the US and I refuse to eat fish from a country notorious for questionable regulatory standards and polluted waters.

Occasional Contributor

It is to each their own..  Me,, being a guy, absolutely despises fashion and fashion shows..  I hate Mondays and Fridays on QVC... Borrrrrrrrrrrring!    I actually do watch QVC for entertainment sometimes,.  I was a TV major in college and I find it interesting to watch at times and see all the aspects and techniques used to sell products!   I love the food shows!   Ok, I will admit, I am fascinated with Dooney and Bourke purses for some reason!   But any clothing shows..... YUCK!

Occasional Contributor

I like the food shows! I find foods I can’t get locally, new favorites. Expensive? Just look around at your local grocery store! Everyday ordinary food is expensive these days. Gourmet Holiday—very enjoyable for me. More so than vacuum cleaners and socks.