Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

How perfectly stated by the vendor that was just on showing the Kansas City hot dogs.  "Gluttony -- pure Gluttony, esp considering the host's display of eating behavior.  I almost gagged when she choked on the shake she was trying to drink.  Talking and eating at the same time is always a no in my book.

How judgmental. They are doing their jobs. They have to eat the food and behave like it's the best thing ever. Get over it.

Valued Contributor
Spoiler

@Johnnyeager - I watched the segment and yes, the Kansas City vendor DID USE the word gluttony when taking about the hotdogs.  It was when he was talking about adding everything to his hotdog, ( the brisket beans, onions, mustard ) but he didn't mean it in the same sense as the original poster was referring to the term gluttony. The original poster is correct and Rachel does go way overboard when hosting any food, not everything can taste that good! In the same segment, Amy put a small amount of ketchup / mustard on her hotdog and took 1 bite, meanwhile, Rachel tried cramming the entire hotdog down her.  

Honored Contributor

@Glitter51 - I listened specifically for that word and I heard him say "gourmet".  That's a whole different word and meaning.  I've rewatched the video and still don't hear "gluttony".  Perhaps you could tell us where in the video he said it?  Just curious, because it would be a very odd choice of word from a vendor selling a food product.

@rms1954 - Perhaps you could tell us where in the video, the vendor uses that word?

Honored Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:
Spoiler

@Johnnyeager - I watched the segment and yes, the Kansas City vendor DID USE the word gluttony when taking about the hotdogs.  It was when he was talking about adding everything to his hotdog, ( the brisket beans, onions, mustard ) but he didn't mean it in the same sense as the original poster was referring to the term gluttony. The original poster is correct and Rachel does go way overboard when hosting any food, not everything can taste that good! In the same segment, Amy put a small amount of ketchup / mustard on her hotdog and took 1 bite, meanwhile, Rachel tried cramming the entire hotdog down her.  

Even Amy said she was going a little too far.  

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

How perfectly stated by the vendor that was just on showing the Kansas City hot dogs.  "Gluttony -- pure Gluttony, esp considering the host's display of eating behavior.  I almost gagged when she choked on the shake she was trying to drink.  Talking and eating at the same time is always a no in my book.

How judgmental. They are doing their jobs. They have to eat the food and behave like it's the best thing ever. Get over it.

AGAIN, YES THEY HAVE TO EAT IT.  Did you see and hear her takling so fast and but trying to get to the shake, couldn't find a straw, and then grabbed a spoon and started to SHOVEL it in her mouth????  Then she choked and gagged.  Yeah, I'm judging it as I am the viewer and my comments count.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't sound like the higher ups or people in charge of QVC know what's happening on the shows. Don't they have someone monitor them or something? I hope everyone here who is seeing these things happen contact someone in charge or nothing will change. They say someone reads these forums. If they do they have done nothing to change much of the behavior.

Respected Contributor

The vendor does use the term "gluttony" 5 minutes and 21 seconds into the presentation for item #M83643.

I believe he was expressing that the hot dog, & all the condiments it could hold, made delicious indulgence.

His use of the the word "gluttony" doesn't bother me a bit, and how presenters eat their food never crosses my mind.

What does bother me, is that there are more important things in life to focus on than a retail TV hot dog presentation.

I think we can all still have a great day.

Respected Contributor
And they prob won't change as many many complaints on the boards. But I do think some posters exaggerate and love to jump all over anything a host says or does. I've seen it many times here. Even though many say they "can't watch" a certain host, whenever that host's on they wait for any little thing and then run here to post, "Did you hear what ____ said?" Did you see what she's wearing? Did you see how she chewed her food?" Gets a little ridiculous IMO.
Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily - thank you!  I got the impression from the OP that he used the word in reference to RB piling stuff on her hotdog and I didn't think he'd insult a host like that.

I suspect in retrospect he might wish he'd used a different word!  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't watch the show, I never watch food shows. But if there is so much gobbling of food and trying to speak going on, they seriously ought to have Heimlich training for the crew.  Yikes. No joke.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth