Trusted Contributor

Frost Guard TSV

[ Edited ]

It's interesting that the Frost Guard tsv was selling for $24 and change and they showed the regular QVC price as $29 and change.  However, they are now selling for $26 and change.  I thought I was getting a real bargain saving $5-6 when in fact for only $2 more I could have bought it today.  Bait and switch!

Honored Contributor

Wow, interesting... Let the buyer beware!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Very typical of so many of the Q's TSV's these days.  Rarely are they worthwhile any more.  Very sad.

Respected Contributor

You still saved a couple of bucks plus tax.  I've noticed though during the gifting season, they don't take the item to regular price even after it's TSV, but continue to offer a discounted price, just not as good as it was as the TSV.

I don't consider it bait & switch.  Bait & switch would be if they showed one product but delivered a cheaper different product.

Honored Contributor

Usually when the TSV does not sell out, it goes to the Featured Price next day, which is always not far from the TSV price. Whoever said the TSV price is a bargain to begin with??

Trusted Contributor

Many thanks for the lesson on bait and switch.

Respected Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

Many thanks for the lesson on bait and switch.

My response wasn't intended to be a lesson, just sharing my opinion which apparently wasn't welcome.

Oh well.

If you think you've been duped, file a complaint with the BBB and any other agency that looks at and combats illegal sales tactics.

Respected Contributor

TSVs' "value" is not what they use to be, that is for sure.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Many times TSVs are a little lower the next day.  I consider the price when I buy.  I could wait til the next day or until reviews come in, but I may have wanted a certain color that sold out.

Valued Contributor

They always compare a TSV, OTO or other event price to the QVC price to make it look like it is a bigger savings, instead of comparing it to the feature price or clearance price for the item, which is what the item either sold for yesterday or will tomorrow.  I've found as a general rule, the featured price is about 10% lower than the QVC price.  The TSV price can be up to 10% less than the featured price.  Certainly not the bargains they used to be.

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."