Esteemed Contributor

Fri-YAY is here to stay . . . UGGGHHHH!

Well, it looks like Fri-YAY is here to stay at the Q; now Leah has a morning show with this theme to go along with the evening shows, and QVC apparently applied for and received a formal service mark (SM) for the phrase. Uggghhhh. I can't believe something so juvenile and obnoxious is being considered good marketing—I don't know of a single person who thinks it's cute and fun after hearing it more than once.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fri-YAY is here to stay . . . UGGGHHHH!

It's not particularly cute but they must think it is a great marketing tool. Last year, I purchased 30 items from QVC with four of them being gifts. My resolution is to cut that number in half. How about I call it Fri-NAY?

Esteemed Contributor

It is 2020. They need something new already.

Out with the old................

Respected Contributor

Life is about choices and that’s why there are remotes. Some like it and some don’t! Don’t complain just change the channel.
Respected Contributor

I like it, but it’s not like we’d be friends in real life so you can continue to not know anyone who is amused by it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Naturesbeauty wrote:
Life is about choices and that’s why there are remotes. Some like it and some don’t! Don’t complain just change the channel.

@Naturesbeauty - I definitely do not watch any programming on the main channel on Fridays due to the shouting and immaturity that occurs and is encouraged with this marketing approach—and that is one of the reasons I posted this thread, to try to communicate to QVC that I am one of many people tuning out because of Fri-YAY. Expressing opinions is the whole point of the forums, so telling people not to complain and attempting to instruct them on how they should behave is not only pointless but also fairly contradictory to your signature taglines.

On the positive side, as I avoid QVC on Fridays, I find QVC2 to be quite enjoyable to watch with Katie McGee at the helm; her calm, pleasant demeanor and thoughtful, descriptive presentations actually make me more likely to tune in on Fridays now than I have in the past. It's a sharp contrast to the over-the-top Fri-YAY antics.

Esteemed Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I like it, but it’s not like we’d be friends in real life so you can continue to not know anyone who is amused by it.

@RollTide2008 - It's interesting to learn that some people do like this phrase; this is the first time I've heard/read that anyone truly enjoys it. (And I don't know of a reason why we couldn't be friends—I have many friends who don't share the same opinions, and we all get along just fine! Smiley Happy)

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc I find myself watching Q2 way more than the main channel any more.

Better programming and the (my) more likable hosts are on it.

And I find all the YAY-ing annoying and immature too. 

Honored Contributor

That has to be one of the most juvenile moves the Q has made.  Poor Leah. She's such a classy lady.  Fri-YAY just doesn't seem to fit with her, IMHO.

Esteemed Contributor

I was so surprised that the Q would make/have Leah host a show with such a ridiculous name.  So many posters have stated that Jane/David's presentations, for the show with the same name, have become so foolish and harebrained. Too much giggling, yelling and never ending repeat presentations of items. 

I have always thought that Leah was so professional and above childish behavior.  I really hope 'they' don't expect her to lower her presentation standards.  There are so many other names that could have been used...Fridays with Leah, Leah's Loves etc.