Honored Contributor

Free returns with pickup?

[ Edited ]

Did I read this right?  They will deduct the return label charge if you have your package picked up by the P.O.?  The rest of us, who drive our packages to P.O. still pay the 6.95?  I understand the return charge and haven't complained about paying it.  But being 25 miles from the post office, no one is picking up anything from me.

Or, wait.  I have a PO box.  Can they pick it up at my PO box and the charge will be deducted?  Meaning I hand it to the people at the counter?

Valued Contributor

Re: Free returns with pickup?

this is a good question but sounds too good 2 B true. I always thought that they made a lot of their profit from S+H charges because it's always cheaper when I return things

Honored Contributor

You are using their label so you pay the fees, 90% of the time I print a UPS label which I can track and always know where it is

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I'm not understanding why you think you do NOT pay the label fee if you have your return picked up by the P.O.? I'm confused.....

How can I schedule a pickup for my return? Add To Reply

Returns couldn't be simpler!

Return Pickup Eligibility

Your package is eligible for a return pickup through the US Postal Service if your Q Return Label says "Parcel Return Service" in the center of the label.  Your postal carrier will pick up your package at no additional cost and your return label fee will be deducted from your refund.  You don't even need to be home at the time of pickup.

Scheduling Your Pickup

To schedule a USPS pickup for your return, follow the below steps:

1. Check the Q Return Label on your pack slip to be sure a pickup can be scheduled for your item. Look for "Parcel Return Service" in the center of the label. If you no longer have the pack slip or it does not provide a Q Return Label, print a return label here or contact Customer Service to ensure the item can be picked up.
  2. Attach the Q Return Label to your package.
  3. Schedule a USPS return pickup here. Simply fill in the required fields in the online form.
  4. Once you've completed the form, the pickup is scheduled. Just be sure to leave your package at the designated pickup location.
  5. You'll receive an email confirmation for your scheduled pickup. Also, the US Postal Service will leave a paper receipt in the location where you left your package.
  6. Track your return on QVC.com in the Order Status section.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

I had a pickup from home and I was charged.  It was the label I was told to use exactly like the example one.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass - When they say they will "deduct the return label charge," they mean they are going to take the cost of the return label out of the refund you are owed, so your total refund will be less (by $6.95 or $8.95 or $10.95, depending on what is listed on the label). It does not matter whether your item is picked up or dropped off—if you use the QVC return label, you will be charged for doing so unless your return is due to a QVC error or item defect. Hope that helps...

Esteemed Contributor

I always schedule  a pick up!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always schedule pick ups through the USPS website and the return label fee is always deducted from my refund.  It's cheaper than I would pay to mail it myself.

@depglass   You are misinterpreting the statement you read:

Did I read  this right?  They will deduct the return label charge if you have your package picked up by the P.O

Yes, they do deduct the return postage charge from your refundThe pick up service from the post office is free.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don’t get how this is different then handing it to the Postal Carrier on any given day. Does this process provide for better tracking? I stopped handing to the carrier after I had a couple go missing, never to be heard from/found. I’m not saying my carrier stole them, rather something happened and no receipt to prove they were handed over to carrier. Now, if I use the prepaid label to return I take to Post Office and get a receipt. I have also found that a specific post office I use is more efficient with these packages then a couple others I have used in the past.