Trusted Contributor

Does QVC ever do Free Shipping on Presidents Day?

Contributor

don't know.  I have not seen it yet.  I have a list of things to order when free shipping comes.  The shipping costs are really bad.

Trusted Contributor

@Lucylu12 I've never seen free shipping on President's Day or any Monday for that matter.

Free shipping is usually done on a Saturday or Sunday.

QVC's President Day sale is 5 easy pays thru Monday.

Contributor

So agree on the shipping.......

New Contributor

For Now, I haven't ordered anything from QVC. So, don't know about their shipping policy. But, I really want to order something from QVC. I have heard so many positive things about QVC. 

Trusted Contributor

Your post @Lucylu12 made me realize how my purchasing habits have changed. I have been with QVC since 1986. I really didn't second guess shipping. I would purchase if I thought I needed or wanted something and factored in shipping cost and made my decision to purchase or not purchase.

Well, then came the offer to all new customers, free shipping. I know, I know, we are beating a dead horse already. But, I now will search items, say Lunchtime Specials. I search by prices Low to High. Anything under about $10 I would be willing to pay shipping IF it is something I really want. After searching up to $10 I then check the box FREE SHIPPING. I only search out items I may want that have FS.

I never did this before, I just would calculate shipping into the price to determine if I want it. I now rarely buy anything without a shipping discount. I'm sure the powers that be did not count on this. Unfortunately, I have been a long time shopper of QVC and have found myself searching fewer items. I will pay shipping of course, if the overall cost is a bargain. It's just harder to justify now. Just my 2 cents worth. 

Respected Contributor

Shipping always plays a part in whether I purchased or not. Here in PA. shipping is taxed adding to the total cost. 

Trusted Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

Your post @Lucylu12 made me realize how my purchasing habits have changed. I have been with QVC since 1986. I really didn't second guess shipping. I would purchase if I thought I needed or wanted something and factored in shipping cost and made my decision to purchase or not purchase.

Well, then came the offer to all new customers, free shipping. I know, I know, we are beating a dead horse already. But, I now will search items, say Lunchtime Specials. I search by prices Low to High. Anything under about $10 I would be willing to pay shipping IF it is something I really want. After searching up to $10 I then check the box FREE SHIPPING. I only search out items I may want that have FS.

I never did this before, I just would calculate shipping into the price to determine if I want it. I now rarely buy anything without a shipping discount. I'm sure the powers that be did not count on this. Unfortunately, I have been a long time shopper of QVC and have found myself searching fewer items. I will pay shipping of course, if the overall cost is a bargain. It's just harder to justify now. Just my 2 cents worth. 

I have been doing the same thing. Lunchtime Specials or As Is or a good sale.

Prices have risen so much. So I get it.

Valued Contributor

@catter70  -  Same here in Ohio.  Because it is shipping and handling it is considered a service and is taxable.  

Esteemed Contributor

HSN now charges $5.95 per item unlnless $75 is reached. I don't like this ploy to buy since I rarely buy more than one item in a day. I am not buying a thing.