Honored Contributor
I went back to check some recent purchases and I honestly think one would be spending more purchasing with free S&H since they seem to have hiked the price. So you're really not saving much if at all.
Respected Contributor

@rms1954 I did notice that. You just have to pay attention & buy what you want when you think you got the best price.

Honored Contributor

This may be the case for some items, but not all.

Honored Contributor

I have about 30 items in my "wish list" and even with free s/h, I'm not tempted to buy any of them.  Waiting for the prices to be reduced--LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Have to say--free shipping is not a thing for me here--I am not buying much here anymore due to shipping/refund  issues--I gladly pay shipping if I can get the stuff in a timely manner---just can't depend on that anymore and especially now before the hoildays--my shopping is done right now anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

You absolutely can not make a blanket generalization that all prices have risen or have risen enough to offset the usual shipping charge.

Many of us check and monitor and for me, purchases made on these days have worked out economically.  If the math didn't work I wouldn't make the purchase. 

A price may rise $2 or $3, but without the $13 shipping, I purchased the item I wanted.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:
I went back to check some recent purchases and I honestly think one would be spending more purchasing with free S&H since they seem to have hiked the price. So you're really not saving much if at all.

@rms1954 One way or another, the customer pays for shipping.  Whether it is calculated in the price or listed separately, the customer pays for shipping. 

You pay for it because you pay for the item.  You pay the price and shipping gets figured in along the way.  A company can't send it free.  Look at the total. That's all that counts--not what game they are playing in how they break it up.  It is all the cost to you.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954 One way or another, the customer pays for shipping.  Whether it is calculated in the price or listed separately, the customer pays for shipping. 

You pay for it because you pay for the item.  You pay the price and shipping gets figured in along the way.  A company can't send it free.  Look at the total. That's all that counts--not what game they are playing in how they break it up.  It is all the cost to you.

And I'm sure the s/h is already factored into the price of the item or certainly should be so any additional s/h is pure profit for the company.

Honored Contributor

12% back from Top Cashback

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I noticed this phenomenon.  Kinda disppointed in this.  Feels like a bait and switch. More often (for me) there is no "value" in shopping here. Clothing quality is diminishing.  Added some items to my cart from saved list and they were $8-10 more than a few eeks ago.  Also noticed when I bring up old orders the prices are removed until I click on details so they must be hoping we don't check. I see more stuff that is associated with a host or celebrity than an actual designer or clothing brand.  Useless add ons for tech stuff.  I just bought the exact ipad featured as TSV today for $200 less.  I don't need the silly case and headphones but I'm sure that is where the profit margin is so buyers beware.  And the shipping/return charges are often deal breakers.