Contributor

Fraudulent Activity using Qcard

[ Edited ]

My husband has a QVC account and a Q Card. Someone decided to use his account to purchase a computer on January 25th. They had it charged to his QCard. At least this person selected the 3 easy pays - nice of them. The way he found out is QVC Customer Service called to verify the purchase. Way to be on the ball QVC - Thank you!!! The order was cancelled before anything else could happen and password changed. The thing is, the person used my husband's name however it was being shipped to a different address - probably theirs. We got all info from the order details. I guess this person in Lakeside Marblehead, Ohio thinks they were pulling a fast one.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fraudulent Activity using Qcard

Report it to the police ASAP!!

Esteemed Contributor

If they were calling to verify the purchase then doesn't that mean that they were on the ball??

Also, you do not call and waste your police departments time with a fraudulent charge complaint. The first thing you do is contact the credit card company.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@icezeus Actually if you are a victim of credit card fraud, yes you should absolutely file a police report.  Sometimes the jurisdiction has online forms to fill out, sometimes they want you to come in person to complete the report.  That’s legal evidence that it has occurred.  But most importantly, contact the credit bureaus, credit card companies, bank, change your passwords — it’s all a nightmare.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes icezeus, that is what I said - QVC was on the ball. I meant it in a positive way. The credit card was the Q Card and they were already notified. It's considered identity theft and a police report should be filed - look up the steps an individual should take in this situation. Why are you so adamant about not doing this?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Call me a little confused.  Isn't it usually the credit card company that would call if they thought the purchase was fradulent?  May-be since Q has its own credit card vendor it is different.  May-be Q's credit card vendor found the purchase strange based on the husband's purchasing history and alerted customer service to make the call.

Personally, I find it very strange that someone being fradulent would have selected Easy Pay.  Or may-be there is someone in Ohio who really ordered the computer and something in the system charged it to the posters husband's account instead of the real purchaser.  (Such has happened with our Dish Network  payments many years ago.  Payments from another individual was being credited to my account for about three months.)

Edited:  Regardless, I would follow thru with steps to report a fradulent use of credit card.  Better safe then sorry.

Contributor

@ Allegheny - It may be strange, but this is what happened. Someone from QVC called alerting my husband of the purchase. Myhusband ordered a computer from QVC a year or so ago. So the purchasing history wouldn't seem to be a red flag. Can't explain why they chose easy pay, they did. The sending information was my husband's name but to a different address. They had to select that it was being billed to him but being sent elsewhere. All in all, whatever happened, it was just out of the ordinary.

Respected Contributor

@Allegheny  If you have a Q card and order online with the "fast buy" it defaults to the 3 easy pays.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

wrote:

Yes icezeus, that is what I said - QVC was on the ball. I meant it in a positive way. The credit card was the Q Card and they were already notified. It's considered identity theft and a police report should be filed - look up the steps an individual should take in this situation. Why are you so adamant about not doing this?

@IConlyQVC

I apologize. I thought you were saying that they (QVC)  were on the ball in a negative way.  I was not aware that you should report CC fraud to the police department. I have had it happened three different times over the years and my Credit Card company took care of it. I understand reporting if it's identify theft, but someone skimming your card number I honestly thought the procedure was just to contact your credit card company.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The bad thing is the person doing this will keep on doing it because nothing will happen over this. That's why these people keep doing it. Because they know they can get away with it. It costs the business too much money so they just drop it. That's what I was told by Discover Fraud Dept.

QVC would have lost that money if they had shipped it not you.