Trusted Contributor

Re: Fraudulent Activity using Qcard

I have found that whenever I use the Bill to Ship To option, at least by telephone, they make you verify the credit card number to be sure it is you who authorizes it going to another address, which is smart, (but also annoying if you are in another room and calling and then have to go find your credit card), but I appreciate that.

Esteemed Contributor

I have gotten rid of all store credit cards including QVC.  I have a few  major cards and I watch them online daily.  That is not to say I cannot be TAKEN

1.  Lunch in El Salvador

2.  Train ticket from Ny to Atlanta

3.  $1600 ring in St. Thomas

Chase caught it fast and furious.  And I now have Life Lock.  And being a victim is just plain bad luck which seems to be going around fast and furious.  

Honored Contributor

Somehow someone ordered NINE Iphones on our Sprint account.  Order was in our name to ship to an address in Queens, NY.

Now there is NO Sprint credit card...our cell phone monthly bill is charged to our Visa.

No one called to verify the purchase.  Neither Sprint nor Visa.

My husband happened to catch it while checking online to see when he was eligible for a phone update.

Numerous calls to Sprint, took 3 days to get a Supervisor to call us back and verify the sale was cancelled.

The Ship to Address in Queens was right down the block from a Police Station.

We called our local police to report it.  Didn't care, didn't come.  Called the police station in Queens to let them know a theft was about to take place right down the block.  Could CARE LESS!  Wouldn't even take any info.

It never made it to Visa even for a 'pending' transaction, but we closed the VISA anyways and got new accounts.  How could Sprint be SO stupid to process an order for 9 extremely expensive phones with NO verification????

In our experience, law enforcement will not do anything if it is stopped.

Sprint was NOT on the ball as clearly QVC was!

Trusted Contributor

@IConlyQVC

My credit card was hacked on the same day. It wasn’t my Qcard but the last place I used the credit card at was QVC. That was the only transaction in the last 2 weeks on that card. I wonder if QVC had a data breach? I was suspecting it had something to do with QVC & your problem on the same date supports my theory. Anyone else have their credit info hacked recently?

Honored Contributor

Marblehead isn't too far from where I am.  LOL

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Report it to the police ASAP!!

My identity was stolen a few years ago. My credit was compromised so I reported it to our local police. They laughed and told me they have nothing to do with identity theft and just leave it to our creditors. It did get cleared up but it was a pain.

Honored Contributor

Setup your Q account to text when an order is placed.  Within taking my finger off the submit button, I hear the text on the phone.

Respected Contributor

The reason that the police won't do anything is that the crime is against the credit card company. You are not reaponsible for the fradulent charges. Unfortunately the credit card companies usually don't pursue legal action as it is not worth their time and expense. 

Valued Contributor

Everytime I order from QVC..I get an E-mail message and an alert from Facebook Messenger that I made a purchase...So, I suggest that if you don't have something like that attached to your account..Do it now!. Then you would have known IMMEDIATELY that someone had ordered something.....You were lucky QVC Caught that charge...

Valued Contributor

Chase was on the ball and alerted me to fraudulent activity.  Multiple signing up for Netflix streaming, match.com (haha, that is definitely not me!), wal-mart, etc.  I had to not only cancel the original card, but the replacement card, too, after more netflix attempts.  We finally had to block Netflix from my Chase card and I got a third card.  I watch it like a hawk, but then I usually keep tabs on my card after our state tax dept. released all of our information to fraudsters, names, bank acct. numbers, Social security numbers, etc., anything on our state tax returns.  Not to mention the Equifax breach.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call