Respected Contributor

Re: Found That Little Presentation with Shawn and Susan Hysterical

I think that Shawn would be much more happy and comfortable in a talk show format. She likes to go on and on kind of stream of consciousness delivery, but that is not what she is there for.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

A few days ago Shawn got Isaac to talk about how often he wears bowties and tuxedos.  As it happens, the answer was never.  Then she talked about National Love Your Dog Day.  She had to tell Isaac he had the wrong day.  Not much information about items they were supposed to be selling that hour.  Just a lot of stupid banter.  I am of the opinion that Shawn does not do much preparation like other hosts do.  Maybe she is the top sales person and knows it.  Maybe she just thinks her sparkling repartee is enough to sell products.  She never seems to give much information, or sometimes not even the correct information about the items that are on-air. 

@maximillian  - My opinion is that David V. is the top salesperson - not Shawn.

Frequent Contributor

Maybe try the squirrel with SusanSmiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

yone ever noticed that many hosts (Shawn especially) start talking about a product and how it is selling out fast, so hurry up and place your order, BEFORE it has been presented in color, size, fabric, or even why you should hurry up?

Why run to the phone or computer if you don't even know what it is.  Sorry to rant, but it is so annoying.

Oh, shame on me, there are so many more important things in the world to get annoyed with.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Take on this: the host responsibility has a selling component (making the item desirable), an entertainment component, and a third component of managing the pace and ensuring pertinent information is conveyed. I don’t feel Shawn is outstanding in any of these areas, but she must be quirky enough and engaging enough that people buy anyway. I have never purchased anything from Shawn based solely on her presentation skills. I have to go online and watch the video (hopefully a presentation with time spent on the item) and read the product and sizing information. 

Her “story” ad lib series doesn’t always go well with Isaac either...and he’s done it many times. At times her train of thought is so off the rails that she has to decode it for him to play along! I can see where Susan would be confused. I find the whole thing awkward and pointless.

Respected Contributor

@SunValley Shawn has been fortunate enough to get better shows and times than others IMO. I thought she was "quirky" when she started but she was never really a host I enjoyed watching. Now the only time I watch is when she hosts with Isaac and I am thrilled to pieces when there is another host with him instead. 

Respected Contributor

@SunValley 

"Awkward and pointless."  Good descriptors of her presentations, Sun Valley.

Super Contributor

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  I cannot watch Shawn.  Cannot.  She is always automatically a mute, more often channel changer.  

Highlighted
Contributor

Me too.  I like Isaac but cant stand the stupid chatter with Shawn and those stupid glasses she should put them on or take them off.

Respected Contributor

@islington wrote:

Me too.  I like Isaac but cant stand the stupid chatter with Shawn and those stupid glasses she should put them on or take them off.

@islington 

It's my opinion that she can't do a presentation without the glasses.