Regular Contributor

Re: Former Host Mary Nelson is Coming Back to QVC

Her voice is loud and QVC needs to fix the sound.  She needs to be coashed on how to work from home and quit yelling at the camera.  Either fix her issues or don't show her from home. 

Super Contributor

I personally am tired of Skype and wish the products would return to the studio.  Yeah, I get this is because of the pandemic.  it is hit or miss which vendors have good cameras and which do not.

On Q2 I have seen a couple of shows with *no host* just the vendor.  One was Kim Gravel and her sister in a split screen. No Q host,  Another was Angel with Quacker Factory and there was some guy I never saw before on the split screen.  *Again* no host.  I prefer everyone IN the studio and if I had to chose between hosts and vendors I'd choose just a host.  

But it seems Q is trying new stuff.  Maybe having these "remote" hosts will allow more part time hosts and easier for fill ins, or the can make less money if they live in an area not as expensive as the Philly metro.  But me, I am old and hate change lol

Super Contributor

Also adding I saw Courtney Cason as a vendor now for Givency.  Glad she got something and can still work with beauty.  It seems a lot of hosts leave and "return" as vendor reps, like Jill Bauer.

Super Contributor

Caught Mary on Q3...luckily i recognized her voice cuz did not look the same.  Looking at her old head shot, methinks there is a new nose?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@soozer wrote:

Caught Mary on Q3...luckily i recognized her voice cuz did not look the same.  Looking at her old head shot, methinks there is a new nose?  

@soozer  Mary lost quite a bit of weight, 25 pounds, since moving back home. She's very transparent about it on her Instagram page.  She did intermittent fasting and the Keto diet to lose it.  Her hair now is also much longer.

She's a very prolific social media poster, doing a ton of DIY home remodeling on her house and her friends' and families' houses.  

It doesn't appear to me that she had surgical work done.