Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

@purple diva 

O but there ARE fruit and veggie selections!!!

Healthy? No....

Here's a sample:

Frozen pumpkin pies....2- 8" for 100 dollars

Triple Berry Tiramasu....1lb  slab ...100 dollars

Healthy "bars" of all kinds......10 for ....100 dollars

Berry flavored ROAR drinks....6 bottles for 100 dollars...

Dr Gundry Reds, Geens, Blues ( guaranteed to produce Browns wink wink!!!) 2 bottles for 100 dollars....( I week supply)...

David's Oatmeal cookies....in a set of other cookies ...50 for.....100 dollars ( you use your own gas and time to cook these !!)

Simple Greens....or some such...some kind of powdered greens you eat with a scoop)...1 month supply...100 dollars....

Sweet Potato side dish in 2 lb tub with some kind of mashed walnut culls on top....1 tray ....100 dollars....

That should get you started!!!!

ETA: Free Shipping!!!!

@OthereeeenYou're having sarcastic fun with this as usual and sometimes it's funny but your numbers are way off. Hopefully no one believes it and check the products out for themselves. 

Contributor

I'll watch sometimes and then order the product on Amazon where I can get it cheaper and in a smaller amount in case I don't like it.

Regular Contributor

I think maybe I know the reason for the food shows.  QVC does not have to store the products in their warehouses.  The food comes directly from the vendors to the customer. This way QVC does not have to worry about having warehouse space for these items. Remember one of the big warehouses burned down, so they are short on space. 

Honored Contributor

I bought the 4 St Clair sides, and no, they weren't $100, they were $79, less than they were during CIJ, and around the same price as I paid for them last year.  I'll use 2 for Thankgsgiving and the others either at Christmas or for other meals.  Worth it to me to cut down the stress of holiday cooking/entertaining.  

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I'm not a cook and I don't bake.  There's no way I could possibly go to the grocery store and prepare these meals on my own.  I don't have the talent or ambition.  I'd rather purchase from the Q.  Sign me up.

@San Antonio Gal  lol...I used to be the same as you. Since retiring, I've become accustomed to putting meals together and found that I actually enjoy it. 

How did you raise your kids, though, without cooking?! I never had any so it was never an issue for someone like me. Did your DH do all the cooking?

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I bought the 4 St Clair sides, and no, they weren't $100, they were $79, less than they were during CIJ, and around the same price as I paid for them last year.  I'll use 2 for Thankgsgiving and the others either at Christmas or for other meals.  Worth it to me to cut down the stress of holiday cooking/entertaining.  

I bought these during CIJ and you are correct! 

They were $79.98 then. 

I buy these every year and think they are delicious. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Were it not for the healthy and robust food sales numbers,  the entire "Home" category,  which includes food,  would have declined more than it did during second quarter of 2023.

I anticipate the same for the third quarter which includes the important CIJ numbers.  I personally ordered a large number of ship-to food gifts in July.

Given its success,  I expect the food segment to grow in air-time, and it is even taking over the ITKWD shows.

Respected Contributor

I like the food shows but my purchasing would neither make nor break the company.  I don't cook much any longer since I am now alone so it's nice to be able to find something different to serve guests. I live in a somewhat smaller town and it's convenient to order from home things that I wouldn't be able to find without driving an hour or so. My family gets together at Christmas so it's always fun to find something special to order for us, even if it's expensive.

Respected Contributor

@rockygems123 

Noted....will put the  /s symbol nex time...

A quick review of the posters to this thread shows most if not all are long time viewers and probably know I'm taking a few humorous liberties...

I've seen hundreds of posts about the cost of the food on Q.....so these folks are not novices...

I'm sure a pound of a  creamed spinach side, with three cents worth of spinach and a half cup of milk, IS worth 50 dollars....I just won't spent that!!!!   /S

Esteemed Contributor

@purple diva   TOO MANY !!!!!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein