Esteemed Contributor

What is the difference between Fire Light lab grown diamonds and absolute or diamonique? There is no way on God's green earth I am going to pay what they are asking for "lab grown" anything.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I'm a skeptic also about "lab grown" also....especially at those prices!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Maybe Diamonique and Absolute are man made CZ's?  The Fire Light Diamonds are too expensive.

Honored Contributor

@pattypeepI haven't been listening to the hype about them (no QVC in the hotel I was in for the last 3 days, but I do know there's likely a difference.  Think of the prices of Moissanite -  lots of posters love it.  That could be our way to a comparison.

I will be looking and thinking.  Definitely not about to replace the diamonds and gold that were stolen this summer with diamonds, but I might try a substitute.  

I do plan to wait until someone who actually buys can talk to us  -  I'm totally finished with advice from non-purchasers.

Super Contributor

@Stevie Nix wrote:

Maybe Diamonique and Absolute are man made CZ's?  The Fire Light Diamonds are too expensive.

Nancy called them affordable. Woman Very Happy

Maybe that's why I don't buy much from the Q anymore.

Honored Contributor

Did you read what’s on the homepage?  It offers a short explanation.

Respected Contributor

Lab grown gemstones are common.  They are the same crystal structure as what comes from the earth but they don't have the imperfections caused by the earth and time. I have a few lab gems, a sapphire and an emerald, and they are a little fake looking because they're so perfect. A CZ (absolute or diamonique) is a totally different gem than a diamond.  It just looks like a perfect diamond. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Fire Light "Diamonds" ?

[ Edited ]

Well, real diamonds are carbon and not worth what we pay for them.  There was a jeweler way back when that decided he will tell the public they were valuable.  If Im not mistaken his name was Tiffiany.  (not sure been a long time since I have seen the documentary), but it was a famous jeweler.

Lab created diamonds or other gem stones are just as valuable.  But jewelers are not going to tell you that.

Think if it like fish, there is "wild" fish and then there is "farm" raised fish.  Its still a fish.

I remember who the famous jeweler was it was DeBeers, not Tiffiany.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

What is the difference between Fire Light lab grown diamonds and absolute or diamonique? There is no way on God's green earth I am going to pay what they are asking for "lab grown" anything.

I was looking to buy a pair of earring last month.  Looking on line at Zales & Kay Jewelers, they had them too,  I think they called them "lab created" and were also expensive. 

Trusted Contributor

I've fallen for almost everything in the book, but paying anything for something lab grown   is not going to be one of them.  Especially when I can get real Diamonique for a fraction of the price. Woman LOL