Honored Contributor

Is there a way prevent someone contacting you on the forum? TIA

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity   Do you mean privately? Or just mentioning you on the forums? IF they just mention you, ignore them and make no comments to them directly. That is what I would do.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean either but there is no ignore feature anymore.  During one of the upgrades,  the ignore user function went away and the mods have said it cannot be restored. 

Honored Contributor

The ignore feature is gone I wish we still had the use of it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

We're all adults here.  If you don't want to interact, or read posts from someone, just scroll on by.  It's like life, just walk away.

Honored Contributor

I wish we still had it, but we don't. I dislike having to stop the flow of reading to look to the left every time to see who posted each comment. But that's the way it is LOL.

Trusted Contributor

It's possible some negative posters were just going through a rough time in their lives and may not be like what you think of them now. Why not give them a second chance to read what they have to say? You can always overlook their posts if they're still like that. But, I do know that I didn't care to be @ back into a conversation because someone wanted to cause trouble and start something. Best to not respond to some.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Is there a way prevent someone contacting you on the forum? TIA

@Sweet_Serenity, in my experience, if a poster who's been here awhile asks this question, it is usually more of a complaint about a recent interaction than it is actually sincere.

If you think that someone is targeting you in an harassing way, you can report the poster. Otherwise, as others advise, just ignore.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity, I think I just stumbled across the thread in which you were upset about another poster's comment.

Please note that she immediately apologized (not once but twice) for misinterpreting your words. She should be commended for that and not shunned.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity, I think I just stumbled across the thread in which you were upset about another poster's comment.

Please note that she immediately apologized (not once but twice) for misinterpreting your words. She should be commended for that and not shunned.

@Sweet_Serenity, I shouldn't have posted the above comment without knowing for a fact what had inspired you to start this "ignore" thread. My apologies.