Occasional Visitor
In my opinion the hosts wearing false eyelashes should go natural. When they look down it just looks ridiculous. Lashes may be the current trend but I don’t think the lashes enhance anyone’s beauty, they’re all naturally beautiful without. At some point it just starts to look clownish.
Respected Contributor

I totally agree!  Less is more!

Honored Contributor

Most of the women wearing them look absolutely ridiculous.  This is one fad that deserves to die.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: False eyelashes

[ Edited ]

In my opionion, without false eyelashes or extensions  (unless they have long natural lashes) they would look plain and washed out on tv so false lashes or extensions are recommended.  Most I see do not wear overly thick and long ones anyway!  We all cannot like all looks but when appearing on tv all the time need that extra oomph to look better and not blah!!.  It is part of the job for most on tv.   

Respected Contributor

There is one waitress at a local diner who wears incredibly thick and very long false eyelashes.  They are the most unnatural thing I have ever seen.  She is beautiful but these lashes detract from it.  

They are all you can look at:  Hoping one doesn't fall off into the food.  

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

@KMMMMMM wrote:
In my opinion the hosts wearing false eyelashes should go natural. When they look down it just looks ridiculous. Lashes may be the current trend but I don’t think the lashes enhance anyone’s beauty, they’re all naturally beautiful without. At some point it just starts to look clownish.

@KMMMMMM    The false eyelashes are very obvious.  What bothers me more is when a host applies mascara that they are selling to the false lashes.  It is not a fair representation of what the mascara would actually look like on natural eyelashes.  

Honored Contributor

Good grief!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@KMMMMMM wrote:

@KMMMMMM    The false eyelashes are very obvious.  What bothers me more is when a host applies mascara that they are selling to the false lashes.  It is not a fair representation of what the mascara would actually look like on natural eyelashes.  

ITA - putting mascara on false lashes?! It is an insult to our intelligence.

Respected Contributor

Not only are the false lashes ridiculous looking but they have a ton of make-up on that makes them look so much older.  Mary Beth still wears that black liner under her eyes which is so aging.  I always thought everyone looked so much better and more beautiful when they applied their own make-up (during Covid).  Now it looks clownish and so heavily applied and very aging.  Less is definitely more.

Honored Contributor

Re: False eyelashes

[ Edited ]

Not only the false eyelashes but all the long wigs and extensions that look so fake and they have to play with the hair too which creates a distraction.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”