Respected Contributor

These are the reasons why I don't do Facebook, Twitter and Texting.  My daughter is constantly looking at her phone when she visits us.  And if you look across the room at her husband, he is doing the same thing.  My son, on the other hand, feels the same way I do.  He has texting but feels it is unnecessary to always be looking at your phone.  

Respected Contributor

@icezeus , I've not gone on the "I love QVC" page, just the regular QVC page; that was enough for me

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If you want to see mean and ugly, go to some of the hosts' personal pages.  It's unbelievable what some people think is appropriate.

Really!   I guess I shouldn't be surprised, yet I am.  I thought those sites would be more closely watched and edited, than this one.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's baiting

Honored Contributor

A lot of the posters here say they don't even "do Facebook," yet they jump on the bandwagon of someone else's opinion without finding out for themselves. 

Facebook is no different than the forum here -- there are absolutely horrendous, mean, petulant, sad, caustic, insulting comments here.  But also like here, there are incredibly kind, compassionate, intelligent, creative, wonderful, helpful comments from people who are fantastic.  All social media platforms have their very ugly side.  Here, at least the Mods try their best to keep it civil, and delete the evidence of the worst offenders.

The QVC public pages, their hosts' public pages, the separate QVC groups -- all have a subset of just what you see here, but with much less monitoring, if any at all, and on a much larger scope.

Also, so many here ask questions about a host's whereabouts, what they're wearing (when it's not a QVC item), or what was said about something special coming up on air.  Where do you think most of that information is usually shared or started?  

Yes, FB is horrible, and fantastic.  Somehow, I manage to interact with the fantastic much more than the horrible.  

Honored Contributor

I don't typically go to the hosts' FB pages.  I do Instagram way more so I'm not sure how bad FB is but Insta could get pretty ugly.  Yes there are a lot of lovely people as well.  

Trusted Contributor

I took myself out of the We love QVC facebook page that QVC sponsored.  It quickly turned into an I Hate QVC page.  It was disheartening and not at all why I was there so I am in another group where no negativity is allowed.  Its so nice.