Respected Contributor

Wow! I just started looking at QVC on FB and am really shocked at some of the comments. It makes me sad that grownups can be so ugly

Respected Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

Wow! I just started looking at QVC on FB and am really shocked at some of the comments. It makes me sad that grownups can be so ugly

Some people just get older but unfortunately can never be considered grownup. They are the same petty, childish bullies they were in elementary school. In my opinion, Facebook gives them an unfiltered voice to spout vile rhetoric, hate, lies, and wild conspiracies with no consequences. 

Regular Contributor

Well what are these people angry and mean about? please list some examples?

Honored Contributor

If you want to see mean and ugly, go to some of the hosts' personal pages.  It's unbelievable what some people think is appropriate.

Regular Contributor

Huh? "the hosts' personal pages" Like what? be clear.....

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I believe you but I'll take a pass. I just bet that some of the nasty posts are by posters who got their posts deleted here because of bashing so they find another place to be awful. Just a guess.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't access QVC FB pages but good to know I don't want to go there. I mentioned previously - in 2020 I released 100-ish FB friends I randomly collected over the years. If posts were hateful, insulting in nature and spewed unconfirmed conspiracy ideas, they were gone. I'll shock you -- a high percentage of released 'friends' consisted of former church and high school friends as well as extended family. At first I was shocked, then I knew these folks had something in common: scratch the surface and they were unhappy and negative.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

Are you talking about the I love QVC FB page? There are a lot of complaints which sort of defeats the purpose of a page which is called I love QVC, but whatever. I have to admit that so far I have not seen any hateful or downright mean posts. 

Respected Contributor

The hosts all have a Facebook page with their name and QVC,  Once in awhile someone will post a nasty mean comment about the host. I have always maintained that this says more about the person posting these comments than the person they are posting about.  

Respected Contributor

@StopTalking wrote:

Well what are these people angry and mean about? please list some examples?

@StopTalking    The comments in question would not be allowed here. The people who are posting them on the Facebook pages know it. So now they are taking out their anger and bitterness on the hosts on their Facebook page.