Honored Contributor

FARM TO HOME ORGANIC!!

[ Edited ]

I am happy to see new things on QVC---YAY, but this new vendor on Farm To Home needs more training....I found her to be very annoying....Carolyn, is an excellent and experienced host, as she went through the colors the vendor repeated everything Carolyn said....it was like listening to an ECHO....which I don't need to hear, and she did throughout the presentation too....And she had this nervous little annoying giggle....I didnt know home goods were so comical....... Smiley Wink   And she kept interrupting Carolyn......  These vendors are supposed to go through extensive training before they are on air.....

It looks like the hosts paired with her need to take a page from Leah's presentations and tell the vendor  "let me go through the colors, then I'll let you take us on a tour".....

And again throwing out the "busy mom" card...Just an FYI QVC and hosts, you dont need to have children at home to be a BUSY person....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Funny....I had the opposite reaction.  I love Carolyn, but it seemed to me that she just would barely let the vendor talk at all.   But I'm anxious to see reviews on this product line.  Interesting.

Honored Contributor

@SpurtI didn't see that show,  maybe just experience.  When I think back to the very early days during semesters I had student teachers in my classroom, I know I was often uncomfortable.  They'd had training and done lots of observation, but "on stage" is a whole new challenge.

Your post reminds me of a vendor I could barely stand to watch when they first arrived at QVC, but thry put on a very watchable show nowadays.  I have no idea whether there was extra training or just introspection on the vendor's part.  Either way --great improvement.

Regular Contributor

I think she's just nervous.  She'll get better with more shows, I hope.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the show.  Perhaps she's just nervous.  It's one thing to have training, but to know you are actually live on air can be very intimidating.  She was on first with Elise Ivy, so Carolyn is her second stint at on air presenting. 

From what I understand, she was in the business creating these type of organic home products for 30 years.  Turning into the TV face of the brand can be a whole new ballgame to learn.  I'd cut her some slack.  Hopefuly the producers will go over improvement points. 

Esteemed Contributor

I was interested in the products they were going to show.....and love ALL cotton products.......but when the vendor stated that the pillows and quilt were filled with

recycled plastic shreds is  that still considered organic???

the plastic fillings just turned me off....................

Respected Contributor
That’s funny- I watched the same show and thought it was fresh and interesting. I believe it was the vendors debut of the line and thought she did a good job. She can probably iron out a wrinkle or two for next time on air,!but certainly nothing major. How can someone find that to be very annoying?Lol. An interesting, new line!
Respected Contributor

@greenjean1 wrote:

I think she's just nervous.  She'll get better with more shows, I hope.

Years ago I remember the White Mountain vendor, a  man with white hair who was so nervous he could barely talk.  He later went on to become a "ham" and became insuferable talking so much. Cant remember his name but he sold the White Mountain shoes.