Valued Contributor

I've been a QVC shopper for years but never exchanged an item until now.  I was hesitant as I had heard that there could be problems.  My exchange went smoothly and as advertised so, no drama here.

Super Contributor

The trouble with exchanges is that what you want in a different size or color is gone by the time your return item gets there.  

Respected Contributor

I’ve exchanged a few things and never had a problem other than it takes about 3 weeks from the time I put my item to be exchanged in the mail until I receive my new item. 

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

I’ve exchanged a few things and never had a problem other than it takes about 3 weeks from the time I put my item to be exchanged in the mail until I receive my new item. 

@itsmagic   Most of the time I bite the bullet, have 2 charges on my card & go ahead and order the other item. Then I return the first one. For me, by the time the first one got there, the other was always sold out or on waitlist.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus.  I agree....if  I really, really want an item, I just reorder it rather than risk having it sell out before it could be exchanged.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I tried the exchange thing a few times.  It never worked, they would give me a credit and leave it at that.  Then, I would place a new order if the item was still in stock.  I chuckle every time I hear them say "easy exchange". 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

that has happened to me a couple times....using the label it crawls back and my size is now gone.  However, I did receive a full credit and did not have to pay original shipping OR the return label fee.

I appreciate that at least.

@Kachina624 

If I really, really want it and am worried it will sell out since exchanges take weeks....I call and ask them to order it for me letting them know I have already sent it back and it is sitting there to be picked up still.

They always wave the shipping and I am changed the exact same price.

They must notate the account exchange already sent because I did not receive a duplicate.

I don't mind (like Shanus) that there are 2 charges temporarily on my card. 

However, if you just reorder on your own, you will lose the original shipping and return cost on the return credit.  I suppose you would have to call C/S and tell them it WAS an exchange.

Honored Contributor

Re: Exchanging an item ...

[ Edited ]

I have only returned one item for exchange.  I called CS and asked them to make a notation on my account that I was exchanging and not to charge return shipping.  I was exchanging a pair of shoes and wasn't sure my size would still be in stock by the time they received my return, but they were.  Everything went smoothly, but it did take a long time.

I don't usually order shoes from QVC, because so many places have free shipping and free returns on shoes.  QVC's shoes are not usually the best price.  These were sandals that were on sale and were actually less than Zappos and other places.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Frequent Contributor

I’ve exchanged a number of items and have been very pleased at how quickly the whole process was completed.

Valued Contributor

This will be my 1st experience exchanging for different size same color. Used Q return lable & dropped at post office aug 19,2019 at 9AM.  Included comment on receipt not to charge for return shipping this is exchange. Will post here how well / or not it goes.