Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

But the funny thing was the price of the items....who ever prepares those trays for the hosts should have been aware..there are lots of hands involved before it gets to the set.....but it says a lot about the quality of the merchandise being presented.

Years ago, I lost a Judith Ripka earring..contacted her son and he sent a replacement...couldn't have been nicer..such a shame the line is not what it once was...miss the good old days.

@gracie2014

They lost all of their real jewelry designers when gold prices went ballistic, and the Q was demanding that these designers dumb down their pieces with all kinds of cheap metals.  Some stayed and dumbed down, like Ripka and the pearl guy, but some refused to do so and disappeared.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

@Perkup Absolutely agree!

Honored Contributor

o/t but I wish they wouldn't do "this show only prices".  I record some shows and watch when I have time/am bored, etc.   Always disappointed if I missed a lower price. 

Valued Contributor

especially since "everybody" can just online to check out items recently on air