Honored Contributor

@FROM the Terrace   Back in the olden days they used to do a preview at the beginning and a review at the end of a program.  Now you can look at "programs recently on air" and see what was presented fast and easy so a review is not necessary.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@Lapdog No, but I produced television..started off at the bottom of the food chain....if I had made that type of error it would have presented major problems...many of those entry level positions carry much weight..the thing is if you are good, detail oriented and on the ball, quick on your feet...you can go far....

Valued Contributor

@gracie2014yes, you are so right.  I worked in Q for several years.  Detail detail detail. 

Trusted Contributor

I believe that Evine does a preview of what's coming up in the show and then a recap or two during and at the end of the presentation (at least for clothing).

Esteemed Contributor

@makena wrote:

Way back when they used to review before with everything that would be in the show and also reviewed at the end what was left.  At the speed they go through each show now, I doubt they will go back to the previous way of doing things -- takes too much time.

Yes, they did and if they would quit taking so much time on one presentation/item, they would have time to do this!

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@makena wrote:

Way back when they used to review before with everything that would be in the show and also reviewed at the end what was left.  At the speed they go through each show now, I doubt they will go back to the previous way of doing things -- takes too much time.

I don't think Q will go back to "review of items" at the beginning of the show because most would flick channel sooner!

If you are interested in the particular show you as a viewer may stay longer to see a item. I'm a shopper now after many repetitive items, silly/loud/overbearing salespeople (aka hosts), long hours of presentation of TSV, and more I will browse "items recently on air" online.

Who remembers in the very very early days of Q you needed to call during item presentation for "special" price or it went up? Oh those early days of Q -- certainly hooked me 25+years later!

--------------------------------

I remember in those good, old days that the hosts could not talk about the upcoming TSV!!   It was like some big secret!!  Now...there are tips and clues about the big items several days in advance!!

Respected Contributor

I think it's a logical idea to do a recap. QVC also needs to keep in mind that many people still do not own computers.

Respected Contributor

Viewers, like my mother, have no computer access and used to love the end review as in days-gone-by.  

We also enjoyed when QVC would play the "ball game," matching the last 4-digits of our QVC account, winning a $25 credit (or was it $10?)

Anyway, QVC has grown too big and lost its personal touch.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@From the Terrace

YIKES!   Posters here are constantly griping about repeats of the same thing.

That's what 'Items Recently on Air' is for. You want to review the items in a show? Look there.

Perhaps you didn't understand.  This was about two minutes taken at the end of each show that just reviewed the things that had been shown - about 15 or so seconds for each one, so that if you missed an item number you could order right away. I personally found it very convenient, and it allowed me to get in on a few things that were close to selling out.  It was very helpful in jewelry and clothing shows. It wasn't like a repeat of anything - just a quick show of the item and it's number.

Honored Contributor

@FROM the Terrace wrote:

It's almost a no-brainer but apparently no one has thought of it yet so here it is:

QVC, at the end of a program, especially clothing like Denim & Co., why not do a quick review before closing as a recap. Sometimes, I called away from the TV, sometimes I'm half busy doing something else and watching QVC, or sometimes I forget what I wanted to order. By doing a recap at the end of the program, people like me can say "Oh yes, I meant to order that," etc., etc., etc. So good Idea?

@From the Terrace

I remember they used to do this.  I always thought it was a good idea and have no idea why they stopped this review.  It only took a minute or two.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986