Honored Contributor

Apologizing for late shipments. Someone must be getting ulcers over this. Lookig forward to a more streamlined system. 

Honored Contributor

While an apology was 'nice', a coupon for a % off or free shipping on an item (or 2), would have said 'I'm sorry' much better, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I was just thinking the same thing.  Especially since the email states that clothing and accessories are still lagging in shipping.

A 25% off coupon good for clothing or accessories would have been nice, and I would have placed an order for a floral sweater, but instead, no order from me because who knows how long it will take to get here.   The extra lead time would have been a non-issue if I could have saved on the price. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The first fiscal calender quarter for Qurate wasn't great and Qurate didn't break down the numbers of how QVC and HSN's individual components are doing but I suspect that QVC's shipping problems contributed to the decline in Qurate's bottom line and I will bet it will also be affecting the 2nd calender quarter as well. So what will Qurate's CEO blame for the decline next time? Easter and Memorial Day holidays? Bad weather?

Esteemed Contributor

I've had fast delivery - don't order often but did buy D&Co. Capri and one kitchen item and both came today.  Ordered Thurs or Friday.  Must be I'm close to a warehouse - perhaps PA - I'm in NY.

Respected Contributor

I’ve gotten emails about delayed shipping on two of my orders. They should be more transparent about why this is happening. They just look incompetent. If I was a new customer I would not be a repeat one. I have been with them for 28 years so I do have some loyalty, but at the rate they are going, fall weather will be here before the summer tops arrive.

Esteemed Contributor

@TY wrote:

The first fiscal calender quarter for Qurate wasn't great and Qurate didn't break down the numbers of how QVC and HSN's individual components are doing but I suspect that QVC's shipping problems contributed to the decline in Qurate's bottom line and I will bet it will also be affecting the 2nd calender quarter as well. So what will Qurate's CEO blame for the decline next time? Easter and Memorial Day holidays? Bad weather?

I suspect the bad weather, the floods and tornados, resulting in the loss of and damage to homes and businesses will have a significant impact not only on QVC but many other retailers too.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I appreciate the email I got, apologizing for the delay. It is common courtesy to let your customers know of such delays, and I appreciate QVC doing that.

Esteemed Contributor

Wonder how QVC decided which customers received an email? I have some "In Process" items, but have not received an email. Guess I don't order enough to be worth the effort!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

One of my orders shows in process and then backorder and changes again. As another poster wrote, I do appreciate the email too, but without a more complete explanation the customer is left wondering if this is going to be temporary or an ongoing problem. If I were a new customer this would drive me away.