New Contributor

Easy pay vs pay in full problem

My sister and I have been at QVC for many years and something strange is happening.  My sister bought some items and put them on easy pay.  She decided to pay the easy pay balance in full, but it was not recorded by QVC, they cashed her check but didn't use the money they cashed.  It seems once you choose easy pay, you can't pay it off, but they took her money with no explanation.  There is something fishy going on.  Anyone wanting to pay off an easy pay balance will lose their money or have trouble with customer service.  Anyone else have this problem?  I would appreciate some insight.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Easy pay vs pay in full problem

I'm sure one of the ever-present customer service mods will respond, but you didn't say if you contacted CS and what they told you.

I always pay off easy pay early but with a credit card, not a check and have never had any problem whatsoever.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I love all these posts from first-time posters.  The first thing I do if there's a problem or question is call and speak to CS to get it solved. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

Seems like CS should  be able to solve this problem because the trtansaction was by check.  That should be traceable- and yes, some worker somewhere could have made an error. 

Isn't that where most of the problems are?  Driver errior, pilot error, packer error, cook's error, and on and one.  Computer programs would be perfect if only we humans building them AND using them were perfect!  Don't hold your breath!

BTW-  you certainly can pay off easy pay midway through without losing your money.  I  don't know what happened here, but it's not something I'd fear.

Honored Contributor

Easy to show proof with your cancelled check. I use the Q Card for my purchases. If I put something on ez- pay & decide to pay in full instead of using the ez pay my credit card statement would show a credit until Q runs thru the other charges unless I call them & ask for it to be billed in full. Why Q would take a check for the form of payment on ez pay purchases is crazy. Seems like they would only take credit card payment on ez pay items. What happens when a person paying for something on ez pay decides not to send in the next check for the next payment???

Honored Contributor

@Vera W wrote:

My sister and I have been at QVC for many years and something strange is happening.  My sister bought some items and put them on easy pay.  She decided to pay the easy pay balance in full, but it was not recorded by QVC, they cashed her check but didn't use the money they cashed.  It seems once you choose easy pay, you can't pay it off, but they took her money with no explanation.  There is something fishy going on.  Anyone wanting to pay off an easy pay balance will lose their money or have trouble with customer service.  Anyone else have this problem?  I would appreciate some insight.

Why isn't she  using a card to make payments?    Who still uses checks?     She needs to update her accounting methods!

Respected Contributor

Hmmmm.  I had no idea QVC would accept checks for EZ pays.

Laura loves cats!
Valued Contributor

I too am surprised anyone would pay EZ pay payments with a check.  I hope you get this worked out, but in the future, it's so much easier to use a credit or debit card...

Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Hmmmm.  I had no idea QVC would accept checks for EZ pays.

I did not think they did either. If they actually do how much money has Q lost from people that did not finish paying for their purchases? 

Honored Contributor

QVC does not accept checks for easy pay. The hosts always say easy pay with a credit card. Maybe in the case of the OP her sister mailed in a check to pay off the balance. Either way, customer service can resolve this since you have a cancelled check. No need for this thread.