Regular Contributor

Like me - many viewers need and wear their prescription glasses.  And, the QVC otlet is loaded with returns.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ENOUGH PRIVE

[ Edited ]

I actually appreciate the Prive sunglasses. Many years ago I had a pair of Ray Bans. One day for reasons unknown to me. I must have tossed them onto my seat while exiting the car. Wen I returned I sat on those expensive sunglasses and broke them. 

I made the decision never again would I spend that much money on shades. I would pick up a pair every now and then from various stores but, they never fit right.

I have discovered Prive because of QVC. They are reasonably priced and a multitude of different styles are available. I own three pairs. I keep a pair at work for when I wish to go walking, a pair in my purse, and a pair in my car. 

I am very happy with the line. 

When it comes to Readers, I do not purchase from Prive because I like to purchase the packages at Costco where you get several pairs, or even HSN tends to offer great deals on several pairs of readers. 

Valued Contributor

thinoptics.com they have a lifetime guarantee. I bought A pair of readers at least 6 or 7 years ago and have had to replace 3 times with no ???'s asked and no charge not even for shipping.

Respected Contributor

Re: ENOUGH PRIVE

[ Edited ]

I have to say I have not purchased them.  Two years ago, I got 5 or 6 pairs at kohl’s on clearance, all different shapes/colors for about $3 each.  End of season they put them on a really great clearance price.  Then use a 20/30% off coupon.  Then I don’t mind if I break them, lose them or they scratch.   But I have been happy with them.  

Respected Contributor

I have never tried the Prive brand sunglasses.  I did order a pair of their blu blocking readers and like them

I wear Maui Jim sunglasses.  Mr 4kitties too.  We love them.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Just purchased 2 different pair on clearance.  One pair I cannot see out of at all.  I put them on, picked up a book, and couldn't read it at all!  I don't know what's up with that.

Second pair are too heavy and those plastic nose protectors irritate the heck out of me.

I have purchased from this line before, so I don't know why a problem now.  Returning both of them.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I purchased a Prive Riveaux TSV earlier this year.  They were so inexpensive that I thought I should at least try them once.  I typically only wear Costa Del Mar sunglasses and after wearing my Prive Riveaux I realize just how "cheap" they are when compared to my Costa Del Mar sunglasses.  They simply don't perform as well & don't protect my peripheral vision.  I won't buy another pair.  I'll stick to my Costa Del Mars.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I purchased a pair of the Prive Sunglasses, and I was pleasantly surprised...

First of all, they look great on me, and I love the way they block the sun, and filter the light, without being too dark.

The price was so good that I was sure I'd be disappointed, but I tossed my other shades in the back of my drawer, and wear these exclusively.

I look (and feel) like a "celebrity" every time I wear them. Heart